Bones Shipping Has Started, 1st arrival reported

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, one of those pins-on-a-map applications might be amusing to watch shipments arrive. :) Maybe a heat map...

Aaah!! Oh God NO! imagine someone in your city getting his order, you'd pull a chair to your door and skip work! only to wait a full week, no package, but another person in your city got his order. I wouldn't sleep at that point!

• Like 3

Hmm, one of those pins-on-a-map applications might be amusing to watch shipments arrive. :) Maybe a heat map...

Aaah!! Oh God NO! imagine someone in your city getting his order, you'd pull a chair to your door and skip work! only to wait a full week, no package, but another person in your city got his order. I wouldn't sleep at that point!

Truth, it really wouldn't help since they're shipping by complexity and not by location.

We are working on details that would define us as an import broker, and responsible for our own fees. We'd bulk ship to ourselves in canada, pay our fees, and the UPS would pick up there and deliver.

If it doesn't work that way, we will let people know. If it does, there will be an update to Canadian backers notifying them what to expect.

We had not even realized this was an option until our UPS agent approached us last week, and so we're still working on it.

Our goal is to make sure that you receive your parcels with both minimum delays and minimum fuss, and ideally zero unexpected fees.

Was a plan finalized (one way or the other)?

• Like 1

No one on the boards that I know of, but there was at least one person located close to Reaper Island who claimed they'd received the goods on either the Kickstarter or the Reaper Facebook page.

The logistics of pulling and shipping 18,000 orders somewhat boggles the mind. I'm not sure how big an operation this is, but 10 people working 8 hours a day, pulling and shipping an order a minute will take 6 weeks to get everything out. Without breaks. Seems superhuman to me.