Clockwork Dragon question

LizardMage

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are exploring a Resin option, but we have determined that it is cost prohibitive in metal for the immediate future. We may revise that decision, although I am aware of a few difficulties in getting the metal to cast as thin and wide as the wings are without voodoo, so if it were released in metal it might be modified.

Short answer - for now, expect Bones Only, but the future is in flux.

It is always refreshing to me that Reaper answers direct questions with direct answers, to the extent possible. Understandably sometimes the answer to a question about the future is unknown to the company, but even then you guys usually are able to provide some of your thinking and some of the factors involved in determining that future. Pretty cool.

It is always refreshing to me that Reaper answers direct questions with direct answers, to the extent possible. Understandably sometimes the answer to a question about the future is unknown to the company, but even then you guys usually are able to provide some of your thinking and some of the factors involved in determining that future. Pretty cool.

That's one reason why we want to give them cookies.

• Like 1

Estimate was about a thousand USD.

Bones Kaladrax is $5 more than metal Kaladrax..

current metal Kaladrax is about 3/4 pound of metal for $70. New Kaladrax would be not quite TEN POUNDS in metal if my calculations based on volume are accurate. He'd run almost a grand by the time you factored in the weight, plus twenty molds, pieces per hour cast, shipping cost, and packaging.

He is by far the largest thing we have ever done. *

*resin maiden may have been larger but we never calculated a metal cost for her so I can't compare.
  • Like 1

Now did that INCLUDE the base? Because that is probably almost half of the mass, if that was included in the calculation.

Heck, it even looks like Kaladrax: The Dire Drake's base is his most costly component. http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/kaladrax/sku-down/P10012C

Back on topic.

Reaper posted a Wyrmgear painted by Martin Jones in the previews. Whoa.

77177_p_1_mj.jpg

Are those wing NMM? If so, how did the 'bloom' happen on the back wing?! If not, what paint is that that can catch the light like that while surviving bones' flexibly?! Only metal paints i know that can shine like that are spray on enamels, which normally flake rather than flex.
Edited by Frankthedm
  • Like 3