It's 4am. I've just spent the last few hours going through my first of case of miniatures. I've managed to take quick photos if some and add them to my "Miniatures Owned" notebook. http://sprng.me/e9act

I have a SKU checklist but visually the Springpad notebooks are an easier and more satisfying system.

While inputting them I started thinking about each mini and will be discussing the few I put in within each spring.

You'll be able to tell quickky enough that I used to collect mostly Ral Partha.

This isn't about showing off my collection. I'll post those directly to Show Off when they are finished. No, this thread is about using a visual note system for cataloging.

I also list the minis I'm interested in acquiring or taking notes from.

Miniatures of Interest: http://sprng.me/e8n01

Edited by Thrym
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I told Kay in a different thread, I might just make a Notebook for each of my display pieces. Then I can put in lists of colors used, A WIP entry. Show off pics. Character information if it's associated with a specific PC, NPC or Monster.

The other neat thing ... if you like some other person's figure or the paint job they do on someone else's notebook, you can "spring" their entry to an ideas notebook. I have a few in my Miniatures of Interest notebook. Then I can add my own notes and so on. You don't have to pull them from other Springpad Notebooks. I have a couple of CMON posts as well as some from on here that inspire me to try harder. There's a halfling on the CMON, Ofo Fast Feet, that has a really nicely done lighting paint job.

I just added Corporea's Ice Spider as well.

The versatility of Springpad's software is great.

Edited by Thrym

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SparrowMarie
      I turned 30 a month ago. I celebrated it by having a game day and dressing up like an elf and going into the woods nearby-ish and do fun photos. We had fun with faerie lights. These are my favorites. Spoiled for possibly large photos.

I'll post my (hopefully) public FB album to see all of them when they are up on there.

• By Genghis_Sean
      I recall reading an excellent tutorial a long time ago regarding how best to shoot one's finished minis, but I've been unable to find it.  I largely suck at it.  I'd like to acquire a background against which to shoot, and I don't know from where I could purchase one.  I need to know what kind of lighting is best.  I think I read that you need at least two light sources, and I wondered if a certain kind of bulb was best.  If anybody has the link to that tutorial, I'd like to go over it.  Thanks.
    • By Rob Dean
      I have been painting a bit at lunch at work, where I keep a second set of paint and some spare brushes. If I am feeling organized, I have a couple of transit boxes to carry the current project in. I keep additional painting here, though, in case of surprises. 

I moved these guys, some Foundry Normans, last week, and started wondering when I got them. They look like they were hand primed in grey with a black wash, a technique I haven’t used in a rather
      long time. 

So, I dug out my notebooks. I know from the running summary that is now a file on my iPad that I have been logging my painting completions continuously now since the fall of 1995. 

In the course of attempting to find out how long I’d been “working” on those Normans, I ran across the first page of painting log:

I did eventually find some general notes to suggest that I ordered the Normans in the spring of 1998, so right at 20 years. 

I also found the November 1997 order planning notes for the molds that made the figures I used for the Dux Bellorum game last week (for the first time), another project 20 years in the making...
    • By Inarah
      New month, new figures, and maybe some old ones too. 

About 90 mins later:

• By chaoshead
      Not technically a photography question but it is sort of related, in a round about way.

Since photobucket went all stupid where is everyone hosting photos to share on the site now?

I know very little about that sort of thing so I have no idea what to look for.

This has killed all my posts and pretty much stopped me from being active here and it is driving me nuts.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)