L5R Dark Moto miniatures

Dan d'Lyon

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetail.asp_Q_ProductID_E_-1783502769_A_InventoryID_E_0_A_ProductLineID_E_2137419413_A_ManufacturerID_E_79_A_CategoryID_E_16_A_GenreID_E_

I may have 2-3 blisters if they were in the initial 2E releases. Unfortunately I cannot check that for you for a couple of weeks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By RogaDanar
      Minis for this week. I have to get on the ball and finish my current to do pile of minis. I have to get them ready for the campaign and I just ordered a bajillion minis through Bones 5 when it reopened. Luckily I have a little time before they arrive and I am completely overwhelmed. 

Unicorn 77029
      I was just going to speed paint this, but once I started I ended up taking a lot more time on it than I thought. I wanted very subtle highlighting on the white and very smooth blending which came out better than I expected. One mistake I made was not prepping the model better. I didn't plan on spending as much time on this as I did and wish now that I had spent more time on cleaning up the mold lines.

Townsfolk sage 03858
      I saw some examples of this figure painted and thought I could do a better face than what I saw. I did not. The face on this figure was way harder than I first thought. The eyes are deeply set and the face if very round and smooth. The glasses are a trick to get right too.

• By 72moonglum
      So hello all you Reaperphonics!  

So finished this one recently.  I'd done the other Flying Pink Unicorn, and wanted a slightly different version of pink, so here's what I came up with.  This one, like the other fairy ballerinas, was sculpted by Tom Meier inspired by a design from his daughter with his company Thunderbolt Mountain Miniatures and now sold by Ral Partha Legacy.  Lots of different pictures because it's mini with basically lots angles, not just front and back, hope not too many photos:

They are the last of my ballerina fairies that I had from Ral Partha Legacy, going to have to now move on to something different I guess, maybe some Reaper Bones.....
    • By Unit04
      A set of minions to use in the VS version of the Batman game, I'm not sure where the Ghost Dragons are from or who they owe their allegiance to.  They have a samurai aesthetic, though a bit more drab than the outfits I have seen.

• By Pegazus
      Hey all, I don't normally post pictures up of what I've painted but this was a special case and I mentioned it in the Randomness thread. Young lady down the street (2nd grade?) is quite the character and takes my razzing her in stride. We had a long discussion about why she was eating bean bags and her denial of that, for example. Anyway, she managed to talk her parents into buying a very large unicorn lawn ornament for Christmas. I don't see how a unicorn is Christmassy, but she managed it, so I felt that deserved a bit of a reward and I should paint her a unicorn that didn't have to go into storage after the holidays.

Two bits of background. This isn't the first time I've gifted someone decades younger than me some painted mini figures. The first set was to my two nieces and nephew. We were visiting them for Christmas a long while ago, and I took them all to a local hobby store. The middle niece asked her father for one of the Bones dragons, $4.95 retail I believe, and he wouldn't get it for her because she'd have to paint it. Oh ho ho ho! It was one from the KS's, so I knew I had it. Painted it up after we got home, and decided that the other two would need ones as well. But for them, I did a drider and another unicorn if I remember right. Anyway, gave it to them during our summer visit and they loved them. Then, about two years ago, I found out they weren't allowed to play with them because "your uncle painted that for you". OMG. No, no, no, no, no! That was not the right thing to do! *sigh* They are all older and not into playing with action figures now. Hopefully, they'll grow into it.

So I was determined to not let that happen this time, but I ran into a snag. Didn't have the unicorn. Reaper is out of stock. Panic! I've set my mind in motion and Must Have One. I find one online at a store that won't be mentioned, buy it, buy a bit more to fill in for shipping, and wait. And wait. And wait. Took two weeks for them to finally ship! And this was the first of December, but I still have time to paint 'em. And then I wait. And wait. And wait! Now I'm panicking, because it's three days before Christmas, but the package finally shows up!

With only the Xwing filler toy I put in for grins. Turns out, by the time they got to my order, gee willerkers, they were out of stock! So rather than contact me, they just shipped what they had. Which I only bought to fill in the shipping tier. Oh, right, right. You should get refunded for those other two. Guess who lost a customer for life?

But now I'm panicked and I need a unicorn! I decide that as large of a mountain of figures I have, I should have a unicorn in there somewhere. I find some dragons, and think, well, I might paint those up instead. I also find hippos, but I discard the idea of modding them to hippocorns. Nothing seems to pop out, and I'm digging through when I find some GW Brettonian knights. Hey! Cavalry! HORSE! I start looking through the sprues, and one of the knight head options is ... DUN DUN DUN! Unicorn! Okay. My mind starts racing on how to convert the horse to a unicorn, when my wife comes down to ask me a question. I stand up and the spinner with a ton of figures is slightly in my way, so I spin the rack to see her... and spy the rotten unicorn I tried to buy. I had one already! *insert face palm here*

Well, enough exposition. This is a show off thread. Three days of frantic painting, and the below is the result. Her favorite color was dark blue, so that's what the unicorn became. Figured his friends needed to be the two dragons. Rocky I envisioned as a yellow dragon, and the red hatchling... stayed red. Quick paint jobs all around. The blotchy blue doesn't really look that way when held, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Anyway, shut up, show pictures

• By Darcstaar
      My second project for Fealron marked off a few firsts: First magnetization, first mounted cavalry, first Pugh sculpt.

Here you can see the 2mm magnets inserted strategically.

This is how he sits mounted.  But, I wanted to keep it removable, thus the magnets.  I confirmed it would stay in place upside-down!

A sharpened paper clip acting as the scaffold for the horn.  I also sharpened the lance tip.  It comes cylindrical out of the blister.

Green putty to make the horn and cover/reinforce the magnets.

White brush on primer, Black on the base.  
      I tried a little experiment with the base coat to give the bone a more orange look:  1:1 Ruddy Flesh:Desert Stone.  It may become my go-to for bone work.