post-11942-0-15862900-1364670223_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-91534000-1364670058_thumb.jpgThis is another figure set that my wife found and loved. So here it is painted and mounted. I have no info data on this miniature set (except for the fact that the horses are only 15mm tall at most). I enjoyed painting this tiny tiny set.

Edited by catdancer
  • Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      This hasn’t been a particularly good month for painting.  I had a week off back on the 9th, but, as shown here, my desk had gotten too cluttered to actually get much painting done.  I’m also off this week, and decided that I would try just putting one task on the desk at a time, to see if that would help.  My son has been diligently working on his Bronze Age DBA armies, so I decided that I would finally get started on the last stand of figures I needed to finish my 2nd DBA army.  (DBA : De Bellis Antiquitatis, a popular set of ancient wargames rules for small figure collections to be played on a small table.) Earlier this year, I had managed to get all of my 13th C BCE Libyan infantry done, to match against my New Kingdom Egyptians, but I still needed a “chariot general” base.  

Son and I have been working this project intermittantly for about fifteen years, and we have a deep stash of Caesar Miniatures 1/72 scale plastic figures.  There is no “official” Libyan chariot, so I cobbled one together using an Egyptian chariot body, horses from a different (Mitanni) chariot set, and a Libyan commander pose.  He’s a little too wide to be able to fit a driver in as well, so, artistic rendering...

We used to mount our chariots on a 40mm wide by 60mm deep base, but the DBA rules call for 60mm by 80mm.  The single chariot looks a little lonely, and there isn’t room for a pair of them, so he and I agreed that we would generally mount a couple of “chariot runners” with each vehicle.

Most of my Libyans are done with cloaks painted to represent hairy hides from spotted cows, in keeping with the modern painting guide depictions.  However, searching around for actual contemporary Egyptian depictions of Libyans came up with this (I’ve cropped a single figure out of a group of four):

I did my best to replicate the alternating rows of “eyes” and “arrows” on the general’s cloak, and echoed the pattern on the chariot body decorations because “why not?”.  At least any historical nit-pickers are likely to have seen the same picture...

Here’s the completed “army”.  With the Egyptians, I can at least stage a remote game without using proxy figures, although we are starting to look forward to getting together for an actual games day sometime again (probably still six months off...).  Maybe my next army, the Nubians, will be ready by then as well.

• By aku-chan
      A new Kickstarter from Durgin Paint Forge coming late September / early October.
      Wasn't a backer of the previous ones, but I don't think there's been any issues.

They've been working away at this one for a while, so most of the minis have already been previewed on their blog.

Now live:- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/durginpaintforge/the-elves-of-inneath-32mm-fantasy-miniatures?ref=user_menu
    • By Iridil
      Here is a trio of Wizkids elves painted up for tabletop. It was very annoying to get to the bowman's face - so its not really painted in detail. I have mixed feeling about wizkids humanoids.... I feel a bit grumpy about how these didn't turn out, but its' my fault... I do like the yellow velveteen effect I got on the one cloak...

• By Maledrakh
      #151 Elf Swordswoman of some sort. Maybe a straight-up fighter?

From the "Elves" subset.
    • By Maledrakh
      #153 Elf Swordswoman of some sort. Maybe a paladin?

IRL, the Cape has some nice shading going on, but it does not show up in the washed out pictures. All the minis look better when not magnified as in the pictures.
      25mm bases. Not my most inspired work.
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)