Adventure Pond...scratchbuilt,,,

post-11942-0-19326300-1364750931_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-62418000-1364750667_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-48033400-1364750424_thumb.jpgJust like the (adventure camp site) & (2 wheel adventure wagon/cart); this is a game playing piece. The adventure group needs to find water to replenish their waterskins, the horse needs water to drink...and most important (adventure group hygiene)...think about it...you have been in the wilderness for 5 or 6 days (you have developed an aroma that creatures downwind of you can smell for miles). As a (GM), I demand that the group maintain the best hygienic standards possible...This is a scratchbuilt piece out of modeling clay...the photo with the figure is just to show the scale/size of the pond.

Edited by catdancer
  • Like 6

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool looking scene. Of course if I were DMing with a piece of terrain like that, at least half the time it there would be a croc, a hydra or some green slime lurking just below the water surface. That is some short chainmail on the adventurer.

• Like 2

Cool! is this for gaming? or are you going to eventually glue down some people?

It is a generic piece and is for gaming. I will not add figures to it...Just like my adventure camp, it is also a gaming piece.

Cool looking scene. Of course if I were DMing with a piece of terrain like that, at least half the time it there would be a croc, a hydra or some green slime lurking just below the water surface. That is some short chainmail on the adventurer.

I am a harsh (GM)...but I would not do that to my characters. It is harsh enough to be caught " in your birthday suit "...be it the (sir or my lady) coming scampering out of the pond "au natural" trying to get to your clothes & weapon(s) during a goblin raid...can create some very funny situations!

Nice. Did you use a water effects product or just gloss coat the blue for the water?

On gaming pieces, I just use a multi gloss paint layer over blue painted water. On " serious display pieces " I will use (casting resin).

• Like 2