Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

Giant Desert Scorpion...(work in progress)

post-11942-0-86643500-1364759986_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-41782300-1364759738_thumb.jpgGiant Desert Scorpion...this is a work in progress...I have done my base color work...now I have to do my lighter desert sand highlights. The scorpion will be mounted on a desert landscape motif base. It will be a creature that the adventure group encounters when they enter the barren desert wastelands (they have a while to go).

Edited by catdancer
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thrym
      WizKids Dungeons & Dragons
      HELLBORN TROLL

I present to you the almost nuclear looking troll that utilizes FolkArt's Ultra Dye "Purple Rain" as its inspiration and base shadow and wash.  Also included in the skin triad are Reaper Blood Red and Reaper Brilliant Red for the highlights.

I'll add the remaining paint list later when they are in front of me.  For now, pictures:

Some close up shots:

Enjoy!
    • By dmpv01
      Technically this is a WIP since the base is unfinished, but the figure is done-ish..

• By Gareth_Hriedmar
      This is one of the giants that I've painted that I'm the most proud of!

• By Corporea
      I wasn't sure if I should post this in Show off or WIP, but I figured here and if you would please forgive the in progress parts in the subsequent post.

Ron let me paint this lovely sculpt by Gene Van Horne.  Actually, I think I might have begged to paint it and considered stealing it from his office if he refused.   She'll be in the Greek Odyssey Expansion for Bones V.  If by some miracle you have come to this forum and not heard of Bones V, it can be found here.  Aaron Lovejoy was awesome and took some high definition photos of her after last Reapercon.  

I really love this sculpt, can't say that enough.  She's got some fantastic detail, lots of good open space to work on blending or freehand, even a scenic base to play with stone effects.  While I loved the original Yephima by Patrick Keith, and still use her in my classes, this one really screams warrior to me.  I need to paint my bones version when I get it as Athena. I'll have to add a shield somewhere, though. Maybe convert the club to a spear.  Decisions decisions.

Anyway, feel free to ask questions.  I'm happy to explain or help with anything!  I'm going to post the WIP pictures I have in another post, so hopefully those will also be useful.  Enjoy!
    • By stormbreach
      Hi all.  I just finished the Colossal Skeleton that I've had for a couple years now.  For the longest time I was holding off because I was afraid of doing a mini so much bigger than all the rest.  I've gotten some nice reviews on some of my recent stuff so I decided to take the plunge and try my hand at my first large figure.  I have several sets much larger than even this guy so I had to start somewhere.  The closeup pics show how much work I did on the fur for the back lioncloth as well as the wood grain lines I painted on the planks on his right thigh.  I based him on a wooden plaque my mom was getting rid of that I painted black.  I was doing more work on the base, it was supposed to have some more colours in it but I messed up on the drybrushing so I called it finished and hid the mistake with some static grass .  So far one friend has told me the blue rags pull him out of the mini because they look too new and blue while the rest of him is old and rotted.  Maybe he could do with some more staining on the blue but it doesn't bother me much.  Anyways, enough preamble, I hope you all like him enough as my first large mini!

Edit: forgot to apologize for the make-believe "lightbox" photos, but that's how it goes.

• Who's Online   33 Members, 4 Anonymous, 163 Guests (See full list)