Best Tex-Mex in Denton Area

wargamer1972

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this location is half as good as the Chuy's down the street from my office

it'll be awesome. My personal favorite is the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.

The experience isn't complete if you don't try their creamy jalapeno sauce.

Chuy's

3300 Wind River Lane

Denton, TX 76210

(940) 228-0555
  • Like 1

On the Border is now a chain, but they have consistently good quality food at moderate prices. http://www.allmenus.com/tx/denton/106646-on-the-border/menu/ They have pretty good queso and all-you-can-eat chips.

I'm partial to Taco Cabana, they are more of a fast-food type place and their queso is nothing to write home about http://www.yelp.com/biz/taco-cabana-denton However they have the best steak tacos, AND they do breakfast. Actually, they are open 24 hours so you can get food anytime.

Edited by Inarah

Martin, is that the one in the strip center, down from the Chinese place? If so, I think that is where Bryan, Shannon, and I went the last time I was up. And I concur; their food was very good, and very reasonable. I'd eat there again.

~v

Yes, that's the one.

I had dinner last year at Mi Taza. Quite tasty and had a good family run feel.

The proximity to Reaper was a big plus.

That's exactly the impression I got too, Ron. And yes, being a short hop from Reaper (and the opposite direction from from everything else) is a nice bonus.

~v

• Reaper User

Sadly, El Chico's (my favorite) is no longer with us. *sniff*

However, there are other great choices. My top picks reiterating what others have said:

El Fenix (Gene's right...best chips evar)

Mi Taza (close to Reaper, great prices)

Chuy's (Blue Weasel I'm with you...Chicka Chicka Boom Boom sauce is killer, and so is their freshly made salsa)

Other decent choices:

On the Border

Taco Cabana

El Guapo's

There is There was a place in Southlake called the Blue Mesa Grill. Nearest location is now Addison or Plano? --- 23 miles from Reaper according to the great google brain.

I like their menu though: Blue Corn Chip Grilled Chicken nachos is a signature item and they have a Jalapeno relish (its kinda like pickle relish --- but made from Jalapenos.)

Looking through these places, and coming from a place where decent tex-mex doesn't exist . . . well, for that matter virtually none (not even a Taco Bell) - I expect that on my return flight I shall need double seat accomodation for the substantial girth I'll gain while at Reapercon 2014.

If there's a 24-hour place with nachos, tacos, and corona it's entirely likely I'll just miss the con and live in the restaurant for four days.

Still be the best trip ever.