Somewhere I had read, I believe it was Bryan had mentioned they were expecting their first mold would be arriving shortly at Reaper HQ.

No comment was made on which one it was though.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tested the superglue, because I lopped off Michelle Dancing Blade's arm. I not only reglued this without pinning, it's the weakest bond you can have - it's not Bones to Bones, it's paint to paint. I twisted and mangled it around pretty good, and I'm convinced the only way it's coming off again is if I put her under the knife.

I see no reason for pinning or additional strength. The weak point of superglue is shear strength, or side to side twisting. That's why in the old commercials dude with the hardhat was suspended - you can tug on superglue in a straight line all day. Tie an ox to it if you want. It's never going to pull apart. But twist it to one side? Snap!

So based off the information posted here, I decided to pick up some glue. I grabbed some Krazy glue, as that is what was at the store I went to. Was about $3.

Decided I wanted to test it, so I found the cheapest plastic things I could find (2d6+5) (the 5 stands for the amount of minutes I spent looking for something).

krazy.jpg

Yeeeeah...

It said hold for 30 seconds, it said wait a few minutes. The SECOND I touched them together they would not move. A minute later I tried pulling them apart. No go. Tried twisting, yanking, pulling, nothing. Granted part of it may have been due to the size of the die and it being difficult to grip, but there was no way I was getting the apart with my hands.

In the end a vice grip and a hammer got them apart (I didn't really try anything in-between hand power and overkill).

Still, I now have faith that it will definitely be powerful enough. Maybe Instant glue is not the best choice... makes re-adjustments a NO-GO.

I've been a fan of zap-a-gap for a while now. It's not instant, but quick enough. There have been a few instances where parts don't want to stick together. And, you really need to watch out for capillary action with it. I've managed to glue pieces I'm holding to their respective fingers but not each other more than once...

Somewhere I had read, I believe it was Bryan had mentioned they were expecting their first mold would be arriving shortly at Reaper HQ.

No comment was made on which one it was though.

OH MY GOODNESS! I totally forgot yesterday with everything else that the mold came in! In the next day or two we're getting a barrel of the plastic, but the cool part is that DURING REAPERCON at select times we will have the machine running as part of the tour!

OMG OMG OMG

etc.

I was realizing the other day, in all my years of working with Reaper, and coming to TX for the Con, I have NEVER had a tour. I've been all through the facility, but I've never had a formal tour. I think I really need to change that.

I was realizing the other day, in all my years of working with Reaper, and coming to TX for the Con, I have NEVER had a tour. I've been all through the facility, but I've never had a formal tour. I think I really need to change that.

Wait... you've been here like 400 times. How can you not have taken the tour? Dude, you're one of my drinking buddies, and one of the highest paid ($0 with a x7 "valued volunteer bonus" multiplier) volunteers! When I ask you to go to casting, you know... so how have you never had the tour???

OH MY GOODNESS! I totally forgot yesterday with everything else that the mold came in! In the next day or two we're getting a barrel of the plastic, but the cool part is that DURING REAPERCON at select times we will have the machine running as part of the tour!

OMG OMG OMG

etc.

So will there be a celebration for firing up Thomas? A naming ceremony? Champagne over his bows?

And still the question lingers ... what mini (or minis) is the first mold?