MP3 Background Loops for Role Playing Games

Ithaqua

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, won't these cool project ever stop? I am in just so I can stop the fellow that thinks he has to add his too loud song as a backdrop in every game he plays. The nerve damage has also affected my hearing and background noise does make it more difficult to understand what is said. But if I can choose and control the volume, YAY!!

• Like 1

I saw this before I went to bed yesterday and was quietly baffled by the idea of limited edition tracks. I can understand the concept of "only available to backers at level X" but "never sold again" just sounds strange to me.

In any case, I've starred it to be reminded later. I liked several of the samples.

• Like 3

Artificial scarcity of digitally reproduced goods is a bit odd. I suppose it might make sense if you really think you can pull in more people to a project like this, but for me, at least, the price structure for those LE tracks is a disincentive, not an incentive.

For ambient sound like this, though, it would be easy enough to create a new file with the same feel while still not being the same file. Whether the artist will, though? Who knows.

• Like 1

Artificial scarcity of digitally reproduced goods is a bit odd. I suppose it might make sense if you really think you can pull in more people to a project like this, but for me, at least, the price structure for those LE tracks is a disincentive, not an incentive.

Same here. Not only is it artificial scarcity, but it seems the scarcity is being used to justify some rather silly pricing. $10 for a generic background sound loop is a bit crazy given the much more reasonable pricing of the regular pledge rewards.

• Like 1

Can anyone convince me that the higher levels offer value? At the "Audio Magic" ($80) you get 10 extra sound tracks. That is $6 each. At the "Audio Baron" level ($20) you currently get 15 tracks at $1.34 per. Am I missing something?

I know this echos Doug Sundseth and ApesAmongUs's comments, but this whole exclusive audio file thing confuses me.