MP3 Background Loops for Role Playing Games

Ithaqua

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in at $20, thinking about adding a few off the addon packs. $80 seems a bit high for me, I still pay less if I just add the add-ons.

This is one of the rare times I don't mind throwing in at a higher level even if there is a more economical option1. I've literally wanted this exact product for over a decade. The closest I've found have been some cheesy horror ones from various Halloween sound effect CDs. For gothic horror games I tend to use a playlist of Nox Arcana albums.2,3

1 Not to say anyone else should feel the need to do so, this just happened to hit at a happy time when I was able to do so.

2 I got an IM recently from one of my players that started with "Damn you!". It seems he was listening to Pandora when a Nox Arcana song came on. He wasn't paying much attention to the music and said it took him a minute to figure out why his heart started racing and he suddenly wanted to have his back against a wall with his sword in hand. He was in the campaign where I ran the 3.5 Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. I have been accused of giving them a light form of PTSD.

3 I think the footnotes might indicate I need to stop reading medieval history for a bit and read a novel or something.

• Like 1

Great new announcement: 11 more tracks free with $20+ if they hit $35k

Raining Forest Day
Raining Modern City
Summer Day Forest
Winter Day Forest
Windy Plains
Desert Night
Mountain Top
Rain Forest
Thunderstorm
Stormy Seas
Tavern with no love for music
Nice gesture to be sure, but not the most business savvy decision. I was just trying to talk myself into $50 or $80, or $90 even, before time runs out, and another set of free tracks at one of the higher levels would have helped. I may still end up there, knowing me, but if these are just freebies for effectively every level it probably won't generate a lot of additional funding.
Edited by GregR
  • Like 1

@GregR, Isn't that a goal at $35K? Not that it will be a problem. I may go ahead and increase my pledge and give them away as a gift. (And to ensure that I do not miss out if I misunderstood my wife's obvious hint.)

Great new announcement: 11 more tracks free with $20+ if they hit $35k

Raining Forest Day
Raining Modern City
Summer Day Forest
Winter Day Forest
Windy Plains
Desert Night
Mountain Top
Rain Forest
Thunderstorm
Stormy Seas
Tavern with no love for music
Nice gesture to be sure, but not the most business savvy decision. I was just trying to talk myself into $50 or $80, or $90 even, before time runs out, and another set of free tracks at one of the higher levels would have helped. I may still end up there, knowing me, but if these are just freebies for effectively every level it probably won't generate a lot of additional funding.

Yeah, I really have the same problem. I know that the 80$ lvl is a great deal in a vacuum - but comparing it to what you get for 20-40$ it doesn't really add that much (even compared to 20$+40$ for all addons vs. 90$ you only miss the PDF's (and I'm not sure how useful they are) and 9 extra mp3). But since he announced that 35k will be the last goal, I don't think there will be much to change that (Maybe the 80$ lvl will get some of the custom tracks, that would make the comparison at least a little better)

Yep, just stopping by to say the same... Pack 4 ($10 or free with $80+ pledge levels) has:

Werewolf Forest
Abandon Castle
Cult Ceremony
Jungle War Drums
Dragon Sleeping on Treasure Pile
High Society Ballroom (I will do my best to make sure this can be used in multiple eras)
Disaster City
Car Chase
Nighttime Camp Fire
Gothic Sounds

I finally jumped in at the $20 level. I was mostly hesitant because my group doesn't currently play any music or background whatsoever so I wasn't sure if they'd enjoy it. I really do like his samples though so I'm going to get it and then just turn them on quietly and see if any of them notice. I always have my laptop at the table, searchable PDF's are so much better than a million books you have to look through!

Jumped in at the $20 level initially and have now been sucked in to adding MP3 Pack #4. I currently use various instrumental soundtracks (LotR Complete Recordings, Gladiator, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon as examples, plus a number of video game soundtracks) during my D&D sessions. These will nicely supplement these.

Olaf the Stout

With 1 hour left I'm swooping in for the $20 Pledge and adding on Pack #4 as it sounds the most relevant for my gaming needs. I've been following this since close to the beginning and always knew I'd pledge, just waited and waited to see what the value would end up being. I'm pretty spoiled by value when it comes to KS with Bones and Drake and Obsidian Portal as my funded projects, but I actually really liked the story of this guy and his company and I'm glad to see them pass their last stretch goal by so much I hope that extra revenue will pay for all the tracks and give him enough starting capital to allow his company to succeed.

All Done!

Well, for $60 I got 80 ten minute tracks, and maybe +2 more of the custom ones.

Im really happy we helped start up a new company that benefits the gaming community!

Edited by Ithaqua