MP3 Background Loops for Role Playing Games

Ithaqua

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you enjoyed Wes's first project you'll be glad to hear he's back with a new Kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1281758745/pro-tabletop-gaming-audio-collection

This time he is offering more than just background loops. The project offers a entire collection of high quality sounds for your games including, monsters, weapons, spell effects, music and of course some more excellent backgrounds. It's only $50 for the whole set of 100+ tracks plus stretch goals. Wes did a fantastic job the first time around delivering a great product ahead of schedule. My gaming group has really enjoyed how the backgrounds set the mood and enhanced the sessions I run. I hope you go check out Wes's newest project and support him as well. Your games will never be the same if you do!

It would be nice if we could add this project to the KS list.

Pro Tabletop Audio Collection

http://www.kickstart...udio-collection

Wes is into his final 10 days on this great project. If you backed his last project I know you'll like the new one. If you're new to his work has think of setting the perfect scene for your game with amazing backgrounds and sound effects. I even listen to the tracks when writing adventures or painting mini for inspiration.

Thanks for that TexasStu! I've really been enjoying the tracks from the first KS. Just have a simple setup in our game room to play background audio... really does a great job of disappearing but still providing ambiance. I'm in for $50 on this one to get "everything", but I'm not 100% sold on sound effects until I get a good software solution to put together sound boards for each game. Definitely don't want to be hunting through a "library" to locate an effect during a game.

The KS funded!

We're at 389 tracks and climbing. :-D

I got in on the Realmsound KS so hoping their player is as intuitive as indicated but I can see having a session's audio picked ahead of time and then just a click or two and maybe a slider to enable a sound. Environmentals and music are easy enough. Not many changes. I foresee only using traps and monster sounds mainly other than backgrounds and probably not all the time but the sound of a crossbow and maybe an arrow hitting (or whizzing by?) for a trap, or trapdoor sound or a porticus falling, etc.

For my Roll20 games it will be great!

I'm also looking for a good sound app to play all these on. Right now I just use the backgrounds and that works fine. It really adds great depth to my scenes. I'm also in for the custom background but haven't settled on a final idea yet. We are getting really close to the first stretch goal at $27.5K. This goal will add in ten remixed tracks with rain and storm effects. This is a great idea for when you want to create the dark atmosphere for your games.

UPDATE!

Wes just added in this mini stretch goal!

Here is the challenge. I will unlock all the weapons sound effects currently on the front page if we can get 10 backers in the next 24 hours. Doesn't matter what level they pledge at!

That means with a pledge of just $25 you can get 53 10-minute background loops and 15 music tracks plus the free weapon sounds. That's ONLY 14 cent per track! They normally sell for $1.50 each. This may be the great deal in KS history. If you a gamer and you don't grab this you'll be kicking yourself on Saturday.

Edited by Gilfander

I am sad I missed this the first time around. I can see so many uses for this!

Board game night! Host a Murder! Larps! not to mention for roleplaying games.

---

Also there is a mini stretch goal that if they get to 340 backers by 'tomorrow' he will unlock all the weapons sound effects. I'm sure there are at least 5 people out there that are looking for sound effects for pyro launchers and high powered machine guns!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1281758745/pro-tabletop-gaming-audio-collection/posts

Edited by Thes Hunter

The project just made both the mini stretch goal to add the Sci-Fi weapon sounds and the $27.5K stretch goal to add the Rainy Day Environmental Pack. Just 3 days to get in on this great project. The two new samples, Haunted Mars and Dungeon Realms 3 are extremely good. I wish I would have had these sound effects back in my LARP days. They make you games so much more immersive. I can't wait to see what the new stretch goal is tonight when the vote is counted.

The project is into it's final two days. Their are two new stretch goals. If we can hit 380 backers by tonight at 8pm we'll unlock the Dunwich horror track. The KS is at 373 so only seven more backers to unlock that goal. Also we unlock the Pit Fighter Background at $29K and that only a few hundred away too.

The long range stretch goal still stands that if we get 500+ backers by the end we'll unlock two additional stretch goals on top of everything else. If you've been on the fence about pledge on this great project don't wait. Help us meet all the goals and get tons of extra stuff in addition to the amazing deal of over 400 tracks for $50. You can't go wrong. This is the best Black Friday deal I've seen all day!

Last six hours on this Project.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1281758745/pro-tabletop-gaming-audio-collection

It made both the 380 backer goal and the $29K goal last night. That means they added the both the Dunwich horror and Pit Fight background loops. Here are the remaining gaols we can achieve;

$31,500 (only $1,350 to go) unlocks Treants monster pack

At 410 backers (only 11 to go) unlocks our mini stretch goals of Clockwork Spiders monster pack.

At 500 backers = 2 bonus stretch goals

If you missed the first project and regret it, don't miss out again. Wes does incredible work and the value is unbeatable. Only $25 for the backgrounds and music or $50 for the complete collection. That over 400 tracks! I hope you will join us to make this final few hours the best of the project!