Cobra Shrine Of Rama Kas...Scratchbuilt...Playing piece...

post-11942-0-82162100-1364860369_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-41234200-1364860132_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-29061900-1364859943_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-51583400-1364859653_thumb.jpgThis is a tabletop playing piece for my RPG games. It came about because I had a (metal statue) in my old parts box...so I decided to build it into this piece (Cobra Shrine of Rama Kas - Evil Cultist). The size of the piece is 8" x 6". The statue is (the metal statue from my parts box)...the alter stand & rock steps were cast by me using plaster...the cobra was made by heating & working plastic spru into the cobra shape & design...the candles & wax droppings are all stratch...Since this is fantasy...I tend to use a lot of giant flowers (silk & otherwise)...as per the current movie Mystery Island and the old concept of everything being giant from the movie Honey I Shrunk The Kids...The base for the piece (as is most of my terrain bases is ceiling tile cut to size & shape)!

Edited by catdancer
  • Like 8

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah! I have that idol model. Old Grenadier as I recall. ::):

You didn't use the two red "gemstones" that it came with though.

I just got the statue at a yard sale for $ .25...there were no gem stones...I have picked up a lot of parts, bits and pieces at yard sales.

• Like 1

.25 cents is a pretty good deal for a classic mini like that.

The gemstones are easily replaceable as they're just plastic that fit in the palm of each hand. I'd expect a lot of craft shops would stock something very similar.

EDIT: Here's a pic of mine showing the gems.

photo_zps1cf42428.jpg

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 2

.25 cents is a pretty good deal for a classic mini like that.

The gemstones are easily replaceable as they're just plastic that fit in the palm of each hand. I'd expect a lot of craft shops would stock something very similar.

EDIT: Here's a pic of mine showing the gems.

photo_zps1cf42428.jpg

Nice...I like your version...great for a central piece in a ruins tabletop setting.

• Like 1