03441 Elliwyn Heatherlark, Gnome (Bones Stand-in)

Pegazus

Alright, since people in other topics have been mildly interested, figured I might as well post up the finished figure. I've been trying to write a number of "How-I-Paint" articles for Cool Mini or Not, which morphed into making YouTube videos of the entire painting process. So, should you wish, you can follow my entire paint job (

).

Below you see Elliwyn Heatherlark, Gnome. As a metal figure, I used her as a stand-in for the Kickstarter Bones' version of her. I limited myself to the first paint set that was offered up as an add-on, so there were only 12 paints for me to choose, resulting in a simple paint scheme.

The camo backpack is possibly a little out of place, but I've got plans to pair her with Sara Blitzer, IMEF Marine, as a un-stasised (is that a word?) soldier in a future world-in-ruins type setting, which explains where she gets the backpack. Sadly, I've been very slow in painting, so it's taken two months painting off and on again to get her completed.

Elliwyn_Gallery_zps510b7504.jpg

• Like 11

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really good for a first go, man I cringe in fear every time I think of my first jobs.

Er, uh, yeah... >.<

Been painting for nearly seven years now. Not my best work, I know, but that was partially intentional. Minimal cleanup, few layers, limited pallet, etc.

And I'm not that good either! Humanoid figures and eyes are my downfall. Need to paint more than one every three months, especially with that Big Box o' Bones coming soon.

I'm not offended, btw. Just wanted to make that clear. Amused and humbled for sure, but not offended.