Sign in to follow this  
pocketcthulhu

Bunch of Crap from FRP Wip

So I ordered a couple of bags of 1" slotted tiles from frp this weekend and I went a bit nuts and Now I have a wip thread just for this order.... :wacko:

So posting in order of interest to me. Or something like that, it's late and I'm pissed my tengu necromancer didn't get to cast animate dead on that troll he just killed.

Nice cheap mini.

freebooter lillith

8617755787_aa46fcbee9_z.jpg

So after last week we had 2 pc deaths in my game and one of the new players (I have a weak spot to make sure they get attached to their characters) rolled a ratfolk alchemist who wear's full plate and I stumbled apon this in the sale rack.... :blink: Had to get it. So this is my first ever resin mini... I must say I don't like the way it behaves it's easy to clean/carve but it's brittle, also takes a Lot more prep work than reaper's bones or worst metal mini's. Game is tomorrow so I suspect I will base it and toss it on the table and paint it later.

scibor miniature rat warrior

8617754031_b866fdd4d9_z.jpg[/url]

And we come to the pilot... I have been eying some of these busts for a WHILE now and I noticed they keep putting them on 40-70% sells so I figured now is the time to press myself in the corner and learn something new. I'm really excited to get started on him but a bit worried too. At this point I had to do a LOT of clean up, it came covered in resin bubbles that I had to scrape off with the back of my eXcato and other minor things.

scibor mini dwarf pilot lenoardo

8617754283_7ab9d75873_z.jpg

Edited by pocketcthulhu
  • Like 3

So majority of base coating is done, and about 90% of the highlighting on the skin.

used the chainmail technique from l2p5, and I have to say I like it, the yellow is a mix of sun yellow and honed steel, anything darker than sun yellow turned it to a rather nasty green.

8621417035_c2c0298527_z.jpg

Left side of the head is giving me trouble, the teeth are not clearly defined.

8622519840_324708f004_z.jpg

• Like 1

So My parents have been baby sitting my daughter for me since I will no longer let her go to her house after the fumes from the oil spill made her sick, it seems my dad lost my micro usb cable so I WAS going to post some pictures of the bust but that's going to have to wait a bit.

So posting this to give myself some ideas.

the cap is a bit to dark imo I was thinking A blue for the upper part of the torso and a dark brown for the beard, maybe red around the fur lining and some white fur..... undecided about the bottom section atm.

Defiantly going to use brass on the goggles, with just a hint of green in the crevices.

Dwarf_pilot_04-3.jpg

Edited by pocketcthulhu
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      This is a bust from El Greco: Deus Vult / Militi Christi.

I painted him as a Knight Hospitaller.
      Learned a lot on the way.
      There are a few white specks in the pics, I was taking them outside and this is actually not there.
      Also there is more depth than the pics show, some shadows are washed out by the camera.

WIP here: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85635-deus-vult-militi-christi-bust-by-glitterwolf/

This one is going to be shipped off as a present to a certain person.
      It will be a surprise and I wonder how it will be received.

Here he is.

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/simonminiatures/the-saga-of-belius-the-black/description
      Belius versus Angus and Branag  

Belius the Black is a giant with mysterious origins. We say about him  that it is the reincarnation of a god, or even,  the guardian of an ancient temple. In short, according to the babarian tribes of the North, it is a black legend  related to Bregan Lorelei’s great-grandfather.

Bélius is a 70 mm figurine sculpted by me, not counting my hours, in order to obtain the incarnation of the warrior of evil, chaos and destruction. The resin cast will be made by Mr Dès, former melter of  Rackham , a pledge of high quality. This project , a range of dark fantasy figurines, is important because I can create from A to Z what i want  while satisfying the fans of my work. 

Indeed,  I have been sculpting figurines for more than 20 years : First, for Rackham for 9 years and then for various freelance brands such as Mierce Miniatures,  Monolith with Conan, Mythic Battles and Claustrophobia which are successful  on Kickstarter.

The Kickstarter platform will allow me to finance the moulds for all the figurines, which are all my personal creations. Knowing that the fans of my work will be able to hold them in hand, paint them, or play with them in any kind of games is really a great pleasure for me. This first step is important because i imagine that these figurines are destined for a game in the future.

Belius is accompanied by two brothers, Angus and Branag (35mm): They are barbarians from northern tribes. They are elite soldiers ready to  do anything to protect their lands and the Elebore Forest from any intrusion in the name of their leader, the demigod Siegfried.

NEXT SG to come:3480€
      BAAL-Thus, 60mm of brutal force!   Shipping informations:
      The shipping costs are the same for all  pledges and for a number of  unlimited miniatures.
      France:7 euros
      UE:8 euros
      Rest of the world:10 euros
    • By HolkDiggity
      "I need a swig of some strong, Dwarven ale!"
                                             -Baldur's Gate

Jalarak Leadbarrels, stepping out of the Firendly Arm Inn, bringing the next round to his waiting adventuring party. (1368 DR, Colorized)

(Ignore the water spots on my backdrop. I have cats and they knock things over and don't tell me about it. I have to find out later, for myself.)

• By NyarlaBcn
      In the spirit of this colorful june, my hommage to my community ^^ 
      I'm a bit hesitant with the tattoo's outcome, but besides that pretty happy with the result. 

If anyone wants to visit my insta gallery & give it a like & follow it means everything  ^^ its @albertnyarla

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/831472366/corvus-corax-miniatures-clansmen-of-caer-loch?ref=hero_thanks

Corvus Corax Miniatures is a small hobby project created in 2013. Since then, three projects have successfully funded on Kickstarter and all have been fully delivered on time without any delays. The feedback from the backers have only been positive. Thanks to the support through Kickstarter, 17 miniatures have been made available.

The goal of this project is to raise funds for the production a total of four (4) miniatures for the Clansmen of Caer Loch. The miniatures will be cast in high quality, non-toxic resin. The scale of the miniatures is 35mm (measuring to the eyes in a standing, straight pose, although some characters may be slightly larger because they are supposed to be large characters).

You can also pick up the other Corvus Corax minis from previous projects as add ons

I've backed the previous projects and been very happy with the results
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 3 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)