chris_valera

My Reaper BONES kickstarter has arrived!

I have the ks image pulled up on my ipad, and I'm grouping them, then setting aside completed groups. It's giving me time to appreciate every miniature.

• Like 1

Both my friends orders that they tacked on to mine came out 100% correct, even Kaladrax was correct. I ended up getting 1 extra Metal Golem, but am missing a necromancer wizard.Still amazed at how China did so few errors with this many orders.

• Like 1

Finally finished inventory and labelling. 19 items (incl. one Vampire) with no miscasts or mistakes that I could find.

Very impressive.

• Like 1

I have the ks image pulled up on my ipad, and I'm grouping them, then setting aside completed groups. It's giving me time to appreciate every miniature.

This is just how I did it. You are clearly a person of insight, intelligence, and action.

• Like 1

The problem with using the image from the KS page is that a lot of the models are either concept art, in slightly different poses, or in some cases, completely swapped out for different, similar models.

The spreadsheet is nice if you have your computer handy but does not print well (way too many pages), But I do remember seeing a PDF that printed out pretty well, taking only about 15 pages. That's what I ended up using.

It helps that the PDF and spreadsheet both mention what bag the models are in.

Unfortunately they aren't organized in that order, but what I did was open a bag, sort through all those minis, crossing them off on the printouts, before moving to the next bag.

My Vampire was perfect. JOY. I was missing one Deep Dweller and Jabberwock's arm, but everything else was exact for my order. I didn't do a crazy close inspection, but I didn't notice any obvious miscasts, either.

Wow you guys are fast. It took me a whole day to check just one vampire set. xP

Well, and all the options + 4 paint sets.

5 more vampire sets to go. xP Guess that will take me another 5 days. xD

I was gonna post pics of my Bones loot but I believe there's enough of that going around already.

Plus, my pictures aren't as purdy. xD

Edited by Pally

I ordered at least 1 of every mini offered. I was missing one from the Deep Dwellers and Jabberwock's arm, but everything else was perfect (I haven't done close inspections, but there were no obvious casting errors...some of the factory gluing was suspect, though). If they make the arm available as a boneyard piece, I'm not even going to ask for free replacements. I'll just pay the $6 or whatever to get what I'm missing and add it to the 3 original Bones SKUs I don't have yet.

So, I'm pretty bad at inventorying. I end up playing with the miniatures, making them fight each other and such.

The plan -

1) Tuesday night - work on small batches (add-ons basically).

2) Wednesday night - work on unbagging items and dumping them into the vampire boxes

3) Thursday night - inventory as many vampire miniatures as possible.

I ended up playing around with the "Swamp Things" set. And one Troll's arm came out. I laughed. I looked through the other box and found the same troll. At first, I couldn't tell what was off about the troll, and then I realized it. He was missing his club. I looked through the box and didn't find it. It's just kind of funny. I think the person gluing used some bad glue or something lol. Check out the picture for what I mean.

RiverTroll_zps07f29f3d.png

• Like 1

Many of the add-ons require some kind of assembly, none of which appears too onerous a task. I just unpacked my box, and put Wyrmgear together without glue and he could be played with now.

Oh, my package was almost 100%...down two, an extra of one in the Vampire box. And, the bigger problem: didn't get our Sophie. Still, a good haul, and we'll talk to Reaper about the wayward succubus; no worries there.

• Like 1

Yeah, I took a bunch of pictures and a video, but I figure it would be old hat here now, so just posted them on my facebook. As for the models being different from the ks image, I play a lot of boardgames that have art that you have to match to a miniature, like Descent. It's basically an art form at this point.

Out of 29 items, a single wing missing (got two left wings) on a shadow dragon was the only shipping error. I never seem to get shipping candy, but I also rarely have issues with ordered items. Net wash?

Yeah, it was somewhat difficult to match some of them up. It helps to match the rest of the minis first and then concentrate on the concept ones that aren't easily recognizable (mainly those 2 elves and 2 serpent folk).

All inventoried missing one fig from the (2) Vamps, but got an extra group of troopers. :rolleyes: My Kally has two left fore limbs, ::(: my Treant from Force of Nature has two right hands, ::(: my deep dwellers I have a double of the one Tiik Warriors but missing the other, and missing one orc archer out of (2) Orcpocalypse, but all in all not bad out of an order of 38 line items.

Thank you Reaper.

Once your Bones Shipping is over I'll be in touch for missing parts and the orders I have been holding off on.

• Like 1