chris_valera

My Reaper BONES kickstarter has arrived!

Many of the add-ons require some kind of assembly, none of which appears too onerous a task. I just unpacked my box, and put Wyrmgear together without glue and he could be played with now.

He went together fine for me, but was (strangely, given that he was in a stiff box) fairly contorted. His legs criss-cross at the bottom, and isn't going to stand up on his own without some boiling. Not as bad as Bonnie the limbo queen, but still very bent.

I finally unbagged all mine last night.. might have an issue with the tomb.. doesn't seem the top got cut out completely.. the lid has square brackets on the bottom, but the sarcophagus itself has a long octagonal opening with 4 divets in the corners where it looks like maybe the rest of the cutting should have been?

might have an issue with the tomb.. doesn't seem the top got cut out completely.. the lid has square brackets on the bottom, but the sarcophagus itself has a long octagonal opening with 4 divets in the corners where it looks like maybe the rest of the cutting should have been?

I'll try to check mine when I get home tonight, but I didn't have any problems dry-fitting my tomb and lid. I don't think it's keyed to only fit on one way (or if it is, I didn't notice at the time).

I ended up playing around with the "Swamp Things" set. And one Troll's arm came out. I laughed. I looked through the other box and found the same troll. At first, I couldn't tell what was off about the troll, and then I realized it. He was missing his club. I looked through the box and didn't find it. It's just kind of funny. I think the person gluing used some bad glue or something lol. Check out the picture for what I mean.

The picture looks like a still-frame sequence of a troll being dismembered... ::P:

---edit ---

Oops. Double post. Not used to replying on the iPod.

Edited by pcktlnt

I think the unbagging was the hardest part. At least a majority of them open up pretty easy (just pull, dump, move on). Usually the smaller ones.

I finally unbagged all mine last night.. might have an issue with the tomb.. doesn't seem the top got cut out completely.. the lid has square brackets on the bottom, but the sarcophagus itself has a long octagonal opening with 4 divets in the corners where it looks like maybe the rest of the cutting should have been?

Would you be able to put up a picture?

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I ended up playing around with the "Swamp Things" set. And one Troll's arm came out. I laughed. I looked through the other box and found the same troll. At first, I couldn't tell what was off about the troll, and then I realized it. He was missing his club. I looked through the box and didn't find it. It's just kind of funny. I think the person gluing used some bad glue or something lol. Check out the picture for what I mean.

The glue job on mine is pretty bad as well, second only to my beholder whose top jaw is just barely hanging in there. I plan on ripping my troll's arms off when I get to him and regluing them myself.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I ordered all 4 paint sets, and they came in two boxes (of six bottles) each. Problem is, I got two of box 7 and none of box 5. I'll be emailing Reaper after I unbag and inventory everything. I didn't have anything wrong with my Kaly or the other huge minis, but I won't know about the rest until they're all opened and looked at. I think one giant with a morning star on a chain might be mismolded. Still and all not bad so far!

I got my Vampire set and one of every add on model I didn't alreadyhave in metal. After final inventory I ended up missing one random elf fighter miniature, no big deal, getting 8 extra totally random figures from a mummy to a duplicate townsperson. My only gripe is my Cthulu came headless. I'll wait patiently for it to arrive :) Pretty happy camper here, that was a heck of a cool kickstarter.