chris_valera

My Reaper BONES kickstarter has arrived!

By Odin's stained eyepatch, I'm not looking forward to inventorying two vamps and all the add-ons.

I did run through the retail boxed big guys and everything looks nice (if a lot of weird bendy poses abounding). A dry-fit Cthulhu has already taken residence between bookends on my bookshelf, keeping an eye on the Lovecraft collections...

Also, thanks to Matt for the swag bonus :) Man of his word!

Edited by CashWiley

my deep dwellers I have a double of the one Tiik Warriors but missing the other,

I looked up the actual model SKUs, and it appears that there's only one. You were supposed to get the double, but the reward showed the duplicate with a repositioned arm. Snip and glue and you're golden.

I've went through 2/6 vampire boxes and so far there have been no errors, despite the 1% error rate we were told to expect.

I'm starting to think Reaper might have decided to make sure all the later orders were 100% correct to cut down on having to send out replacements.

I do hate that so many are bent. And it's not a big issue but I also have a skeleton who's missing the top half of his spear tip.

The most disappointing was almost all of the pathfinder goblins from one vampire set were bent.

I know that many people claim these bent issues are fixable, but that takes time and I've also heard it doesn't always stay fixed.

If I can't manage to fix these myself I wonder if Reaper would replace them if I sent them the floppy Matrix-wannabe minis?

The inventory has begun....

So far I have inventoried everything except the Vampire box itself - everything is accounted for, but....

One of the smaller dragons has the left wing of the other small dragon.

That's okay though, so does the other small dragon....

I would guess that they were packaged at about the same time and somehow their left wings got swapped, but no harm, no foul.

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

my deep dwellers I have a double of the one Tiik Warriors but missing the other,

I looked up the actual model SKUs, and it appears that there's only one. You were supposed to get the double, but the reward showed the duplicate with a repositioned arm. Snip and glue and you're golden.

I'll agree to disagree the boneyard for the metal versions show a Body A and a Body C but I'll wait for Reaper to finish with their shipping and contact them for clarification. I was at a "Paint Night" last night with my gaming group. I took my Bones haul for all to enjoy. Handed out the figs I had ordered for everyone for Christmas. It was Like CHRISTMAS in JULY,

• Like 1

I've confirmed I received all the Vampire Bones and add ons, plus figure case and paint sets. Now I just have to try to assemble the unassembled Bones to make sure I have all the correct parts.

One thing I wanted to confirm though, is the number of zombies I should have gotten with a Vampire package. It should be three of one kind (one from the first 30 Kickstarter sculpts plus two identical ones from the Undead Horde, plus two of a different sculpt from the Undead Horde), right?

Edited by zoroaster100

I've only opened 1 of my Vampire boxes, but I did get a bag of 5 extra Nova marines.

Additionally, I have an extra male spider centaur (drider) (with the sword) in with the bag of those.

• Like 3

Get Cracking Adrift you're slacking.

Start to paint the first of mine last night, at my game groups Paint Night, will post progress in the WIPs

Has anybody compared the scale of the Bones driders to the metal ones? The widow seems huuuuge and the other two seem smaller when compared to the scale of non-driders. I've never interacted with the metal ones before so I have no idea if this is normal or if the conversion process resulted in a scale shift.

• Like 1

I'll agree to disagree the boneyard for the metal versions show a Body A and a Body C but I'll wait for Reaper to finish with their shipping and contact them for clarification.

Don't get me wrong...I hope you're right. I was looking the the preview gallery, and they only show one model that was made for Bones, so I was basing my assumption on that.
  • Like 1

I've went through 2/6 vampire boxes and so far there have been no errors, despite the 1% error rate we were told to expect.

I'm starting to think Reaper might have decided to make sure all the later orders were 100% correct to cut down on having to send out replacements.

I do hate that so many are bent. And it's not a big issue but I also have a skeleton who's missing the top half of his spear tip.

The most disappointing was almost all of the pathfinder goblins from one vampire set were bent.

I know that many people claim these bent issues are fixable, but that takes time and I've also heard it doesn't always stay fixed.

If I can't manage to fix these myself I wonder if Reaper would replace them if I sent them the floppy Matrix-wannabe minis?

If you ever get a figure or any product you can't make work, let Reaper know about it. They are very good about fixing problems. On the rare occasion I've had a problem, they didn't ask for the defective figure back, and sent a new one very quickly.

Wow that was an adventure. I poured all my bones into a big pile LOL before checking the contents of course :)

After going through and checking everything I am very happy to say that my order is 110% complete. Now I see a few people have gotten some extras which is cool and I wound up with some as well... I actually got into the KS late. I found it right after it had ended (of course >:( lol) but I was still happy to be able to pledge. Of course this came at a premium and I was pretty miffed about that. I wrote in my comments how I thought the markup on Vampire was excessive and that 20% would have been more reasonable etc. I also said a lot of nice things though ;) anyways so when I got my package I was excited to find that I scored some extras woot. I had vampire plus I ordered Cthulu, Kaladrax, Nethyrmaul and some other stuff.

What I ended up extra was nice:

1x Bedeviled (I actually ordered an extra set, so I ended up with 3.. not bad, especially because of the Marilith-ish mini)

6x Mr. Bones - seriously... I ended up with 8 and I only ordered 1 extra

2x Wyrmgear - I was stunned when my girlfriend pulled this from the box, very nice.

I am still disappointed in how Nethyrmaul turned out. I know there was a mix-up with Kaladrax's size and Nethyrmaul suffered as a result, but it's very underwhelming especially for the $30 I paid for it. Still a discount from the $40 MSRP but he can be found cheaper online than what I paid now.

Anyways I'm very satisfied with what I received and you can bet I won't miss out on the next kickstarter if there is one. Hopefully Reaper will have one and will be able to bring all manufacturing to the US, not sure if they need another machine or not.

I got lucky and all of my l arge models are complete! I even ended up with an extra Wyrmgear tail. I gave the smaller models a quick inspection and those seem fine as well.

You! You have my Wyrmgear's tail! Seriously. My Wyrmgear is missing his...Its...tail.

It was the single largest mistake, though. I'm also missing Hyrekia, Mr. Bones, and one sculpt from one Vampire. Nothing terrible.

Positively thrilled I was able to participate in the Bones Kickstarter. I hope Reaper does more projects like this (not necessarily this huge, though; but I will be there if they do!) in the future. I never cared about the wait, as long as the product was delivered, and... Reaper delivered! And how! Thanks to everyone at Reaper for even daring to tackle a project this big and keeping all of us apprised of setbacks and humbling us with videos of "OMG! SO MANY MINIS!" along the way. Thanks to everyone on the boards for being willing to discuss and share their enthusiasm, hopes, wants, fears, and sorrows while we waited, not to mention the occasional "Yay!" along the way when we received an update.

Yay! Reaper! Reaper! Reaper!

What I ended up extra was nice:

1x Bedeviled (I actually ordered an extra set, so I ended up with 3.. not bad, especially because of the Marilith-ish mini)

6x Mr. Bones - seriously... I ended up with 8 and I only ordered 1 extra

2x Wyrmgear - I was stunned when my girlfriend pulled this from the box, very nice.

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Daaaaaang, you totally scored! Two extra Wyrmgears, awesome!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

Has anybody compared the scale of the Bones driders to the metal ones? The widow seems huuuuge and the other two seem smaller when compared to the scale of non-driders. I've never interacted with the metal ones before so I have no idea if this is normal or if the conversion process resulted in a scale shift.

I think the big one is intended to be used to represent Lolth, while the other two are just ordinary driders. But due to IP reasonse she can't be called Lolth.

• Like 1