chris_valera

My Reaper BONES kickstarter has arrived!

Well, took all night to open all those little baggies..

Only two issues, which is pretty amazing considering we're talking somewhere over 900 minis.

One kaladrax still managed to have a leg issue. Two left rears and no right rear.

And one copy of agramon is missing his left arm.

Wow that's a lot of figures...

So.....I started painstakingly counting each and every figure and in my 3 Vampire boxes, ticking them off on the spreadsheet.....and then decided I just didn't care. I had so many for so cheap that I wouldn't sweat it if I was missing a few. They will be available at retail for cheap, and I have checked all my big figures and the parts all seem to be there. I got such a good deal on these I think I'm just going to call me and Reaper even.

• Like 4

So.....I started painstakingly counting each and every figure and in my 3 Vampire boxes, ticking them off on the spreadsheet.....and then decided I just didn't care. I had so many for so cheap that I wouldn't sweat it if I was missing a few. They will be available at retail for cheap, and I have checked all my big figures and the parts all seem to be there. I got such a good deal on these I think I'm just going to call me and Reaper even.

After spending 6 hours last night going through 3 Vampires and a lot of extras, I gotta say that if they are all for you, that sounds like an excellent plan.

I had to go through mine as parts were going to two friends....so many little baggies...

• Like 1

I'll be sharing them in the sense that I'm planning on letting my kids use some and hand them out to people to use as characters....but I don't need every single one to be there.

I think that is a very healthy attitude.

I went through my Vampire box to see what was in it, but I did not check all that carefully for missing parts or miscasts, except on my large add-ons. At the end of my count, I was missing one halfling (from the "half-sized heroes" set), but I had a duplicate of another mini in the set. I also had a few extra Nova Corp troopers. I call that a net win.

If I suddenly have a desperate need for the missing halfling, I can just buy it retail.

I think that is a very healthy attitude.

I went through my Vampire box to see what was in it, but I did not check all that carefully for missing parts or miscasts, except on my large add-ons. At the end of my count, I was missing one halfling (from the "half-sized heroes" set), but I had a duplicate of another mini in the set. I also had a few extra Nova Corp troopers. I call that a net win.

If I suddenly have a desperate need for the missing halfling, I can just buy it retail.

Unless its part of a big guy that's now expensive or or a large piece, I kind of have the same attitude. If its a piece or two (from the Vampire box especially) I probably won't much care and just buy it retail.

I bought a large set of MSP's off ebay and had a few double ups, thus missing a few colours (I had the right amount of bottles), but it was also such a good deal I just decided it wasn't worth the trouble and to call it even. I have the three missing colours sitting in my Reaper cart for my next purchase.

What would you do?

Just got my bonsies. I opted to order a C'thulhu instead of the 25$ Nethyrmaul. I then spent the good part of a year kicking myself for not ordering Nethyrmaul. Then to my simultaneous delight and chagrin I opened the box and discovered the packers had sent me a Nethy and no C'thulhu! Now I was really looking forward to the C'thulhu and had it earmarked as a gift for a friend. So that part was disappointing. But - bonus Nethy! Woot.

So the question: would you bring this up and try to chisel for the missing elder god?

Don't want to be a greedy jerk.

Do want to keep Nethy.

Do want a C'thulhu.

What would you do?

Other than that the Vamp box and extras are all looking great and I'm super happy I backed this one!

What would you do?

Just got my bonsies. I opted to order a C'thulhu instead of the 25$ Nethyrmaul. I then spent the good part of a year kicking myself for not ordering Nethyrmaul. Then to my simultaneous delight and chagrin I opened the box and discovered the packers had sent me a Nethy and no C'thulhu! Now I was really looking forward to the C'thulhu and had it earmarked as a gift for a friend. So that part was disappointing. But - bonus Nethy! Woot.

So the question: would you bring this up and try to chisel for the missing elder god?

Do want to keep Nethy.

Do want a C'thulhu.

What would you do?

Other than that the Vamp box and extras are all looking great and I'm super happy I backed this one!

Offer to pay the KS price of Nethy and keep it, if you feel better

• Like 1

What would you do?

Do want to keep Nethy.

Do want a C'thulhu.

What would you do?

Offer to pay the KS price of Nethy and keep it, if you feel better

Personally, I would let them know what you got and what you should have gotten. Reaper is very fair (and practical). It may not be worth it for you to send the mini (or maxi in this case) back. However, I'm sure that they will correct the shipping error.

I had an issue with a part missing from one of my figs. They got back to me right away and said it will be fixed once they get the final orders out - very reasonable answer.

Most businesses, not just Reaper(though they have exceptional customer service), will make good with an error.

• Like 1

has reaper given an official word on what to do if you're missing pieces? i haven't seen anything about it in the KS updates.

On your invoice (or whatever you call the piece of paper you get in the box) there is an email address for where to send errors. I don't know what it says exactly, other people have mentioned it.

... except for the Zombie hunter with the two guns, she's bent completely over at the ankles. ..

mine was like that too... I used the trick about submerging the fig in boiling water, then quickly moved it into the pose I wanted and submerged in icewater. That worked for me. she's standing fine now.

• Like 1

has reaper given an official word on what to do if you're missing pieces? i haven't seen anything about it in the KS updates.

Yup.

Errors: send an e-mail to business@reapermini.com and we will do everything we can to resolve the issue - either issue a credit if the figure cannot be salvaged, or replace it, or something. We are unlikely to replace it until we are done shipping, however, as the people who would normally be doing that are shipping rewards at the moment.
  • Like 1