chris_valera

My Reaper BONES kickstarter has arrived!

Mine arrived. Everything is accounted for. The Pathfinder red dragon is quite rubbery (like the Cthulhu head) but other than that everything is nice.

Except... a few of the Pathfinder iconics have the nose problem. Are they replacing these?

Almost perfect.

I got the extra candleabra and extra four NOVA security.

My Mr. Bones was mixed in with extras, not in the Vampire box.

I have a couple of wonky arms (errors at the factory?) One Dungeon Attack goblin has his mace protuding below his base, Finaele, Zalesh and Mason Thorwarden have misaligned hands/arms. Mason's especially looks odd. Bow is vertical rather than horizontal.

I have one missing part:

Valeros's back piece (bow?)

Do we e-mail Reaper about errors?

Mr Bones was supposed to be in with the extras - he was one per pledge, not one per Vampire

Bent minis need to be boiled - see FAQ thread in this sub-forum

Yes, email Reaper about errors (should have been an email address on your packing slip)

Ah, finally got mine inventoried here in Finland. Five miniatures were missing: Mariel Twinspar, Female Pirate and all four goblin warriors. I got duplicates of Goblin pyros instead. There's a lot minis in the box I wouldn't care for, but those missing goblins kinda make me sad, 'cause I run a lot of Pathfinder adventures and was really looking forward for all the goblins...

But I was still lucky, for I seem to have no miscasts, missing arms or anything. About 30-40 of the miniatures will need boiling and cooling to get them straight, and especially the goblins are so spongey that I'm not sure how to paint them (the arms twist backwards by the touch of tiniest of my brushes).

Overall though, I'm super excited! So many cool minis for such a low price, yay!

Ah, finally got mine inventoried here in Finland. Five miniatures were missing: Mariel Twinspar, Female Pirate and all four goblin warriors. I got duplicates of Goblin pyros instead. There's a lot minis in the box I wouldn't care for, but those missing goblins kinda make me sad, 'cause I run a lot of Pathfinder adventures and was really looking forward for all the goblins...

But I was still lucky, for I seem to have no miscasts, missing arms or anything. About 30-40 of the miniatures will need boiling and cooling to get them straight, and especially the goblins are so spongey that I'm not sure how to paint them (the arms twist backwards by the touch of tiniest of my brushes).

Overall though, I'm super excited! So many cool minis for such a low price, yay!

Even if you don't have to boil them to correct their pose boil them anyway. That seems to stiffen up the spongy models.

Even if you don't have to boil them to correct their pose boil them anyway. That seems to stiffen up the spongy models.

Has anybody experimented with how the length of the boil affects the material's properties?

I boiled my Deathsleet to correct a slight warp in her right leg, but I haven't glued on the wings to check whether the plastic is stiff enough to support itself.

My best efforts have been unable to straighten Hyrekia's staff/spear/thingie. I may break down and try to craft a brass replacement.

Well my friend still has to go through his vampire and check it off, and I haven't opened all the little baggies so I don't know about details such as nose/ears etc.

But I've got through two vampires and a bunch of extras and everything seems to be there. Only bonus is two of our three vampires had the +4 nova guys.

However we are missing both Hyrekia's and a Mr Bones (we got two Kaladrax). Which wouldn't bother me for most of the miniatures, but Reaper seem to have a talent for leaving out miniatures that people really like based on other comments :D

Once my friend goes through his vampire I'll fire off an email about the missing ladies and Boney Lad.

Has anybody experimented with how the length of the boil affects the material's properties?

I boiled my Deathsleet to correct a slight warp in her right leg, but I haven't glued on the wings to check whether the plastic is stiff enough to support itself.

My best efforts have been unable to straighten Hyrekia's staff/spear/thingie. I may break down and try to craft a brass replacement.

In my experience there is a minimum time to boil to achieve maximum softness but after they get there all they do is just jump around the pot as the water boils. No melting. I burned one once just to see if I could.

I did discover that (in the heat of my AZ garage) they can go back to their original floppy state, depending on the batch. I fully boiled and painted my entire undead hoard and 80% of the pose changes I made reversed when I left them in the garage to dry (i'd just primed them).

It is best if you reshape your BONES and wait 48 hours to see if it maintains the new shape. If not, repeat the process (boil/freeze) until satisfied.

• Like 1

Had a few errors 1 wrong paint set, Cthulhu has 2 of the same wing & 2 figs missing from vamp , I am so jazzed about the detail in the minis !!

In my experience there is a minimum time to boil to achieve maximum softness but after they get there all they do is just jump around the pot as the water boils. No melting. I burned one once just to see if I could.

I did discover that (in the heat of my AZ garage) they can go back to their original floppy state, depending on the batch. I fully boiled and painted my entire undead hoard and 80% of the pose changes I made reversed when I left them in the garage to dry (i'd just primed them).

Yup, same here. Unfortunately I also painted my skellies already, and now most of them can't stand up. I think I'll just rebase them and drill them to the bases.

• Like 1

Of my two Vampires and a multitude of add-ons there were ZERO errors. Thanks Reaper!

A bunch of them had to be straightened in hot water but that was easy.

~ S ~

Finally inventoried mine - phew and I only had 1 vampire plus a few addons

Missing:

GHAST

1 SKELETON SPEARMAN

MR BONES

Additional:

4 Nova Corps

All in all I'd say good. Shame the man of the day wasn't in there but can't complain.

After a whole week I finally got around to check my Vampires too (all the add-ons were ok).

2 hours to get everything out of the baggies and another 3 hours to count them.

The Beholder and the Harpies have already seen use in last night's rpg session.

Almost all pieces were accounted for; I even got an extra helping NOVA troopers and extra candleabra (in both Vampire boxes)

The only 'mistake' is an extra skeleton spearman (hey, Talion78 !) instead of a skeleton sword-and-shield trooper.

No broken pieces but a lot of these are going to need rebasing or serious sauna treatment to stay 'up'. (the slim women and the overlarge monsters seem to be most impacted by this).

At first I was a bit disappointed by the lack of detail in some of the figures, compared to some of the mini's in the GW boardgames. Just put any orc from Ashardolon next to those from Orcpocalype.

But at that price I can accept that (and I will refer to them as 'plastic toy figures' instead of 'Bones miniatures').

Now I've bought some green Army Primer (for Cthulhu and some of the green meanies), some plastic model glue and Quickshade. Where is that 'how to paint' thread? :)

Edited by Godfather Punk
  • Like 1

Please, before any rips me a new one for not doing a little research, "Does anyone have a Vampire spreadsheet?"

I have seen many that have a complete list of all the minis available, but not one that can be inventoried for the minis that just come in the Vampire List; no buyable add-ons, just a list of minis that come in the Vampire Level and all add-ons that come with it due to reaching a specific money level. Again, NO BUYABLE ADD-ONS, To be honest, I am getting too old and lazy to look at a screen and try to match pictures to a mini. That's what all of you young people are for Lol... Please any help would be excellent.

My biggest concern is whether the Vampire level includes the minis from 77001 - through 77059? I pulled up a nice list and I understand that the italicized names are special and did not come in the Vamp level such as 77103 - 77116 and 77177 - 77194 (these can be bought but not included amongst others) Again any help would be excellent.. Thank you VERY MUCH