My Reaper BONES kickstarter has arrived!

Also, neutral people are the same in both universes. Very, very boring.

But what makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were they just born with a heart full of neutrality?

In any event, I'm more than happy to wait until after ReaperCon for my stuff. When I get Cthulhu and Kaladrax in my hands, I might just commit some acts that are against the law in a majority of countries...

• Like 6

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, neutral people are the same in both universes. Very, very boring.

But what makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were they just born with a heart full of neutrality?

In any event, I'm more than happy to wait until after ReaperCon for my stuff. When I get Cthulhu and Kaladrax in my hands, I might just commit some acts that are against the law in a majority of countries...

Cthulhu and Kaladrax up a tree.....

ReaperBryan posted on KS recently that they were "2 days ahead of schedule" but he's the only one that knows what that schedule is...and he's not sharing :)

I'm hoping that ReaperCon actually comes at a good time for their schedule, and when they unpack everything afterwards they will be able to optimize their setup to deal with all the options now that they've shipped thousands of Vampire boxes and cases and such.

I can understand not wanting to post the schedule. I mean, all it takes is one guy with a 'cold' saying 'No, I'm not going to call in sick, I'm going to tough it out' and then the cold turning out to be the flu...

Seriously. That sort of stuff happens all the time at my job.

people need to call in sick more often and bosses need to understand to send people home who do not call in sick. it feels like we are slowly reverting to the dark ages again.

well that was a tangent

Bones! i'm so excited and waiting patiently, well not that patiently. ok i want them really bad and asap!

• Like 2

I got mine yesterday. Just a vampire set, with the Sophie traded out for a carrying case. Took forever just to unwrap them all and look them over briefly, and I haven't counted to see if anything's missing yet. Cool stuff for the most part, though there are some I'd trade out if anyone's interested. Is there a trading thread around here somewhere?

Now I have to figure out what to do with them. I came here looking for painting advice, but it seems like mostly expert level stuff for people who already know how to paint. The FAQ in this section has good stuff for cutting out mould lines, reshaping bent parts, and washing before painting, but where's the "basic painting for clooless noobs" FAQ? I'm guessing there's basics like that in the painting subforum, but the tutorials thread there has hundreds of links, with none of them jumping out at me as the "read this first if you haven't painted anything since finger painting in kindergarten" tutorial.

ReaperBryan posted on KS recently that they were "2 days ahead of schedule" but he's the only one that knows what that schedule is...and he's not sharing :)

We might be able to figure it out - or real close -based on some of his other posts. Somewhere around here he gave an approximate time of when he had to be done by if he wanted to go to Origins. If we assume his original schedule means he can go to Origins, then we can estimate approximately what day.

I got mine yesterday. Just a vampire set, with the Sophie traded out for a carrying case. Took forever just to unwrap them all and look them over briefly, and I haven't counted to see if anything's missing yet. Cool stuff for the most part, though there are some I'd trade out if anyone's interested. Is there a trading thread around here somewhere?

Now I have to figure out what to do with them. I came here looking for painting advice, but it seems like mostly expert level stuff for people who already know how to paint. The FAQ in this section has good stuff for cutting out mould lines, reshaping bent parts, and washing before painting, but where's the "basic painting for clooless noobs" FAQ? I'm guessing there's basics like that in the painting subforum, but the tutorials thread there has hundreds of links, with none of them jumping out at me as the "read this first if you haven't painted anything since finger painting in kindergarten" tutorial.

Try the Learn to Paint Kits (LTPK) or their WIP threads. Each kit has it's own thread.

There will be some genuine tutorials coming up (the people making them are still waiting for delivery), but in the meantime that's precisely why I created this:

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47928-buglipss-bones-wip-request-thread/?p=683582

That's using the pre-kickstarter Bones, but I deliberately set out to create a painting method that was quick and pretty easy. The actual tutorial threads, whenever they appear, should be better than this and have a better focus on Reaper colours, but it ought to get you started on the right path.

There will be some genuine tutorials coming up (the people making them are still waiting for delivery), but in the meantime that's precisely why I created this:

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47928-buglipss-bones-wip-request-thread/?p=683582

That's using the pre-kickstarter Bones, but I deliberately set out to create a painting method that was quick and pretty easy. The actual tutorial threads, whenever they appear, should be better than this and have a better focus on Reaper colours, but it ought to get you started on the right path.

Pegazus over on cmon was making videos for painting bones using only KickStarter paints to a basic table top level. The videos are in the last few pages of his WIP.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/showthread.php?47405-Pegazus-s-Pile-of-Pminiatures-(WIP)/page13&highlight=Pegazus+bone

But I really like Buglips quick method, so check his threads on here.

-mike

Edit...I am stupid at times ;-)

Edited by KruleBear

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll go to the gaming store this weekend for painting supplies, so I'll keep an eye out for those learn to paint kits. If I'm lucky, they'll actually have some of those. If not, I'm hoping some of the other videos and stuff will give me the absolute basics, so I at least know what to buy. Not being even remotely artistic, I don't even own paint brushes yet, or know how many/what kind to buy, let alone anything beyond that.

• Like 1