chris_valera

My Reaper BONES kickstarter has arrived!

Your box will look like this!

+----------------+\

| From: | \

| Reaper | |

|----------------| |

| TO: | |

| Dadcubed | /

+----------------+/

Edited by nytflyr
  • Like 8

I'm not. I have to wait a bit longer, but I'm getting more stuff. ::D:

What he said.

Plus I got the Bombshells I bought from their KS as a total surpise last Saturday. They were still listing on their website that they had a bit more casting to do so I didn't realize shipping had started. But I had only selected four, and apparently they had all been cast, so I got my goodies. A lot more expensive than the bones, which is why I limited myself, but GREAT quality metal pieces. Now that I see them, I wish I'd gotten more, but I can't be too upset because all of the ones I wanted did get unlocked.

• Like 1

Hi everyone I had to register just to say Im dying to know when my box will get here, and I want to see tons of pics and vids of everyone who can show off what they get when they get it! I am obsessed and my wife made fun of me last night like I was a child at x-mas, and I lokked at my screen filled with all these wonderful toys (j/k) and knew it was true!

Hi, more pics please! I'll show off mine when they arrive. Here is my order:

-- Vampire x1 $100
-- Figure Case x1 $25
-- There Be Dragons x1 $15
-- Mythos Monsters x1 $10
-- Red Dragon x1 $10
-- Frost Wyrm x1 $10
-- Jabberwock x1 $10
-- Deep Dwellers x1 $7
-- Hydra x1 $15

...sowould that be complexity 8? 1 x vamp + 8 addons?

Bryan said the size of the shipping box was part of the deciding factor, so I'm wondering if the cases might be one of the big things that excludes it from tier 2, since they would require a larger shipping box?

You actually might be in Tier 2 or 3 because you didnt get anything like Nethy, Kala or Cthu

[[Faints with happiness.]]

Bryan said the size of the shipping box was part of the deciding factor, so I'm wondering if the cases might be one of the big things that excludes it from tier 2, since they would require a larger shipping box?

[[sobers up and continues to wait with quiet desperation, thankful (again) he's not canadian.]]

The NOVA Corp and IMEF marines are very tall, like 1/3 to a full head taller than even a Space Marine. Is Reaper going to 32mm now? The girl with the heavygun thing she's holding upright is a full head taller than even a Space Marine

Reaper Chronoscope figs do tend to run tall, though there are variations. Among the few that I have, Colonel Titchener 50006 is right at 29mm to the eye, but Figures like Rex Future Hero and Rosie Chronotechnician tower over most 28mm figures and are definitely in the 30-32mm range.

Mad+Maxes.jpg

Here's Rex alongside an EM4 (formerly Grenadier) not-mad-Max figure. The EM4 fig is 26mm to the eye.

Do you have a sole-to-eye measurement for the NOVA corp figs? I'm rather curious as I've got about a platoon of them coming my way.

Edited by Eilif
  • Like 1

The NOVA Corp and IMEF marines are very tall, like 1/3 to a full head taller than even a Space Marine. Is Reaper going to 32mm now? The girl with the heavygun thing she's holding upright is a full head taller than even a Space Marine

Like I said the shovel grim reaper guy is very small.

Reaper's always had some variation in scale, it's part and parcel of having so many sculptors just kind of doing their own thing. It's cool because there are so many great styles of sculpting on offer, but yeah, depending on the mini it might be closer to 32mm or 28mm.

Mr Bones is a bit different, though; he's based on this figure on the left here:

https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Special%20Edition%20Figures/latest/01422

So he's only supposed to be a little guy, more like a familiar.

EDIT: Ok, so that Sophie was 54mm, so he was familiar-sized at that scale, which makes him just kind of small at 28mm scale. Weird, but there you go.

Edited by Dai-Mongar

Hi everyone I had to register just to say Im dying to know when my box will get here, and I want to see tons of pics and vids of everyone who can show off what they get when they get it! I am obsessed and my wife made fun of me last night like I was a child at x-mas, and I lokked at my screen filled with all these wonderful toys (j/k) and knew it was true!

Hi, more pics please! I'll show off mine when they arrive. Here is my order:

-- Vampire x1 $100

-- Figure Case x1 $25

-- There Be Dragons x1 $15

-- Mythos Monsters x1 $10

-- Red Dragon x1 $10

-- Frost Wyrm x1 $10

-- Jabberwock x1 $10

-- Deep Dwellers x1 $7

-- Hydra x1 $15

...sowould that be complexity 8? 1 x vamp + 8 addons?

My wife shakes her head and laughs at me, every night as I read the boards, but is happy for me. She was glad I decide to take her Uncle to Reaper Con, and is still shaking her head every time I bring up the BONES Kickstarter.

Like I say, look at real life. Not everyone is exacly 6' tall, although the best are!

One problem with that line of thinking is that most of the variations are on the larger side of things. Sure, not everyone is 6', but even fewer are 7'4".

• Like 2

Like I say, look at real life. Not everyone is exacly 6' tall, although the best are!

One problem with that line of thinking is that most of the variations are on the larger side of things. Sure, not everyone is 6', but even fewer are 7'4".

I see from the estimates them being about 6' 10". Not too big for a hero.

I see from the estimates them being about 6' 10". Not too big for a hero.

Or an NBA player.

• Like 1

Speaking as someone who was always about a foot and a half shorter than all the others in my gaming groups (okay, a slight exaggeration, but I was shorter than all of them except for one adorably petite woman, and some of them were more than a foot taller than me), I do not mind variations in scale at all.

On my WiP shelf (okay, paper plate on the sideboard) I have that Reaper Rex Future Hero, and he looks big indeed next to the Hasslefree Space Marine Libby. But she looks heroic too. It works for me.

• Like 4