Sign in to follow this  
chris_valera

My Reaper BONES kickstarter has arrived!

Got mine, inventoried to find I have everything I ordered, plus the additional NOVA set. I have a few leaners and a couple of topplers, but mostly just pure bonesy awesome.

One of the most awesome is the owlbear. I have heard some people's fig is either a leaner or a toppler, but mine stands up. It is just freaky scary, in mid-charging-bite action. Put one of these on the mat and watch your players go "Cool. Oh crap!"

I got my Bones yesterday and did a full inventory.

About 50 of them are in various states of bent, from a small bent gun to a full on bent flat at the ankles pose. This doesn't concern me particularly, because I've unbent plastic minis before and it's generally a pretty simple process, and it's hardly surprising given the sheer quantity of minis in that box all jumbled up and then baked in a shipping container and then UPS truck.

My Ragnaros (http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/previews/sku-down/77150) is unfortunately missing his left arm and shield, and it's such a great sculpt that I'm going to have to ask Reaper for replacement on that one.

Finally, a question. It looks like Zombie #77053 (http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/previews/z-a/77053) is in both the "30 new bones" set, and you also get two in the undead horde. Does that mean we should have 3 of them? I think I only got two, though missing one of those zombies isn't a big deal.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the accuracy of the delivery, and of course the bones all look great. The big "spider demoness" from the Spider Centaurs add-on (http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/previews/z-a/77180) is really nice, and way bigger than I expected. And while I'm generally not into the sci-fi stuff, the chronoscope minis are fantastic, and I'm pleasantly surprised to say I can't wait to paint them.

Great stuff. Thanks again, Reaper.

Do you think it is reasonable to wait until they put the new Bones up for retail to ask for my fixes? I would like to order Deathsleet and perhaps a few others and it would be great if they could throw it in one box.

i think that the best you could do is send them an email asking what are your options. I suppose that until they finished sending the kickstarter won´t start with the fixes so I wouldn´t be surprised the answer is slow

Do you think it is reasonable to wait until they put the new Bones up for retail to ask for my fixes? I would like to order Deathsleet and perhaps a few others and it would be great if they could throw it in one box.

You can go ahead and email them to let them know of the problems. Make sure to let them know you plan on making an order later, and they can either ship the missing stuff to you, or include it in your order when you make it (they'll want the order #).

[email protected] is who you want to talk to.

-Dave

I went through my entire box, I had one Goblin missing an arm, I did get a couple extras (Dragonborn Fighter and some Barbarian chick)

Not a huge deal and very impressed with my accuracy. I shot them an email, but do not anticipate a response for a while.

Got mine last Friday. One week later I finally got them inventoried. Had help from my daughter who had visions if absconding with a few. I have the extra Novas and one of my female fighters is missing her shield arm. Otherwise all was well.

Some of the bones I got are a little 'soft' detail wise, but no worse than metal figs I've seen. Need to bump up the mold pressure.

One thing I have noticed is the plastic seems to vary a lot in stiffness. With spears the same thickness, on some figs they are almost floppy, and on others are stiff to work just fine. I suspect the QC on the plastic batching needs to be improved a bit.

I only started to inventory my Bones I got early today -- I've decided to inventory the loose ones first as opposed to the two vampire boxes. I ordered one of each of the extras aside from the Pathfinder Dragon which I got two of (a friend of mine wanted one). Thus far, I'm missing Ebonwrath which was a bit surprising actually. I recounted my dragons and sure enough, Ebonwrath wasn't there. I did get an extra spider centaur (the swordsman) but that just doesn't equate a a dragon. I will have to inventory the two vampire boxes when I have a chance later this weekend and check the numbers there.

For the most part an extra mini here or one less there probably isn't going to be the end of the world but the dragon would be nice to have.

That said, I didn't notice any issues with limbs and pieces... I don't intend to pull them out of their bags until I'm ready to paint but maybe I should take the time to at least look at the bigger models to make sure all is well.

M

Finally, a question. It looks like Zombie #77053 (http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/previews/z-a/77053) is in both the "30 new bones" set, and you also get two in the undead horde. Does that mean we should have 3 of them? I think I only got two, though missing one of those zombies isn't a big deal.

Yes, there should be 3 for the reasons you stated.

If anyone got extras, Reaper stated on the packing list that basically "Congrats, you got something extra! We don't need to hear about it," which, given the sheer scale of this KS, doesn't surprise me.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Use the extra arm for party tricks like telekinetic reach.

"You think you're safe out of range? Exxxxxxxxxtendo Arm! /faceslap"

• Like 2

Well. Looking through my Bones. My Bones!

While listening to Streaming radio from South Africa......for some reason seems appropriate.

Quite frankly I'm overwhelmed at the mass of mini's.