My Reaper BONES kickstarter has arrived!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a spreadsheet with pics of all the figures (and names and codes) that I posted in the "Conversations" thread yesterday, but here is a copy of thelink so you don't have to go digging if you want

Got the shipping notice yesterday, or the day before, just received it today!  

Jasper's friends come over to find him curled up sleeping on a huge pile of bones. He cracks an eye and says, "I smell your air, thief."

@ZerosPalencia they didn't ship all international packages last week, just the first batch. They will probably be making weekly shipments for several weeks. As far as I know, when you bought items has no effect on delivery order since all orders were placed long before they started shipping. Based on your backer level you should get yours soon.

As far as I know, when you bought items has no effect on delivery order since all orders were placed long before they started shipping. Based on your backer level you should get yours soon.

Not entirely true; when you confirmed your pledge is a factor, just not the primary method of sorting. Bryan mentioned that within the groups that had been sorted by complexity and destination, that orders were then processed by completion date. Thus, if you and I both had orders of the same complexity, but you confirmed your pledge first, yours would be processed for shipping before mine. How much before mine? That probably depends on how many other orders there are of the same complexity, and how far apart our confirmations were in the process.

~v

As far as I know, when you bought items has no effect on delivery order since all orders were placed long before they started shipping. Based on your backer level you should get yours soon.

Not entirely true; when you confirmed your pledge is a factor, just not the primary method of sorting. Bryan mentioned that within the groups that had been sorted by complexity and destination, that orders were then processed by completion date. Thus, if you and I both had orders of the same complexity, but you confirmed your pledge first, yours would be processed for shipping before mine. How much before mine? That probably depends on how many other orders there are of the same complexity, and how far apart our confirmations were in the process.

~v

Thanks to all :)

I had sooo much fun painting my first bones with my family yesterday. I started painting the (new?) elf with the raised sword, plate and mail armor and peacock motif on his shield. I intended to use the figure for my son's dungeons & dragons character "Dwarfo the Elf". Normally, painting's very much a solitary activity for me. But with my whole family there, it was a new experience as I discovered interesting aspects about the figure I was painting. "Woe, check out his awesome shield! Woe, look at his expression, he wants to kick butt!" It even got into a little smack-talk "I don't know if this can be Dwarfo, bud, this guy's way too awesome for Dwarfo." Meanwhile my wife was painting Valkyrie. Her: "I don't know if I painted her like she can fight..." Me: "She doesn't have to fight, she just has to sing really good opera..." Her: "That's true!" My daughter's quote of the day: "Oops, I painted everything BUT the eye!" The only downside was my son got a little frustrated painting the woman dragonslayer (you know, the one with her foot on the decapitated dragon head). He actually did a great job on it, to my eye, but I guess it didn't come out exactly the way he wanted and he's a bit of a perfectionist that way.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I'm REALLY impressed with this product. I've painted LOADS of 1/72 soft plastic World War 2 figures, so I'm used to that medium, and that's kind of what I expected. But these paint up like metal figures, not like plastic ones. It's weird...when I first took them out of the bag and looked at them, I thought a lot of detail had gone away in the shift from metal to plastic. But once I started painting them detail I hadn't noticed before really popped. I painted both the girl with the two submachineguns and the elf I talked about earlier. There's another girl that I noticed with slight diappointment seemed to have lost her nose...oh yeah, the girl cowboy. But now I'm thinking maybe I just can't notice it on the white plastic.

This is great! I hope I can do the same. However, I might be a tad more possessive on what the kids can paint or not... Meh, worse case, I'll get some more.

Note on scale (from one who just spent a long time measuring existing figures): Reaper human figures (at least the ones in my collection) tend to range from 30 to 35 mm from the foot to the top of the head, adjusting for pose. This relates to 26 to 32 mm to the eyes, depending on the sculpt. I was studying this recently so I could ensure that my sculpts would fall within Reaper norms.

One reason you likely see Reaper females as being a bit larger is that even a mm or two can really allow the sculptor to add a lot more detail. I'm guessing that slightly larger females sell better to people who are in this more for the painting and role playing where close is good enough from a scale concept. Those customers likely prefer the bump in detail and ease of painting that they get from a slightly larger figure.

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 3

Note on scale (from one who just spent a long time measuring existing figures): Reaper human figures (at least the ones in my collection) tend to range from 30 to 35 mm from the foot to the top of the head, adjusting for pose. This relates to 26 to 32 mm to the eyes, depending on the sculpt. I was studying this recently so I could ensure that my sculpts would fall within Reaper norms.

One reason you likely see Reaper females as being a bit larger is that even a mm or two can really allow the sculptor to add a lot more detail. I'm guessing that slightly larger females sell better to people who are in this more for the painting and role playing where close is good enough from a scale concept. Those customers likely prefer the bump in detail and ease of painting that they get from a slightly larger figure.

bump in detail.... from a slightly larger figure! hahahahaah guess my mind is in the gutter today.

• Like 2

Hrm, what Tier is a US with 1 Vampire, a case, a Cthulu and a few other add ons? My wife is teasing me as I stalk the mail box and my email....

I joked with her I wanted to buy a baby wading pool and dump all the Bones in there and swim in them!

I got my minis on Monday!!!! (Yesterday for those of you who don't work all night and lose track of days like I do)

I spent 3 hours doing my first sort through the all bags and bags and bags of minis. 1 little bag is now things I know we wont use in game (space marines/ anything with a gun).

A couple of bags of PC/NPC pieces. And a few bags of creature pieces... Second sort to come soon.... Going to sort the creatures by hit dice and then by our encounter tables...

We had a game this morning and as we played I just pulled things out of bags and said "Oh, I have that" XD

Seriously, two thumbs up for the Reaper crew! The detail is awesome! And I seriously didn't expect to see them on my doorstep for another week or two! Yesterday was like Christmas! Or my Birthday! Or like my Birthday on Christmas! And the guys in my playing group are already talking about investing in thier own pieces!

• Like 2

I got my minis on Monday!!!! (Yesterday for those of you who don't work all night and lose track of days like I do)

I spent 3 hours doing my first sort through the all bags and bags and bags of minis. 1 little bag is now things I know we wont use in game (space marines/ anything with a gun).

A couple of bags of PC/NPC pieces. And a few bags of creature pieces... Second sort to come soon.... Going to sort the creatures by hit dice and then by our encounter tables...

We had a game this morning and as we played I just pulled things out of bags and said "Oh, I have that" XD

Seriously, two thumbs up for the Reaper crew! The detail is awesome! And I seriously didn't expect to see them on my doorstep for another week or two! Yesterday was like Christmas! Or my Birthday! Or like my Birthday on Christmas! And the guys in my playing group are already talking about investing in thier own pieces!

Single Vampire? Just checking to see if we get any indication that they've moved on from Vampire only orders yet.

Hrm, what Tier is a US with 1 Vampire, a case, a Cthulu and a few other add ons? My wife is teasing me as I stalk the mail box and my email....

I joked with her I wanted to buy a baby wading pool and dump all the Bones in there and swim in them!

I'm thinking 5-6. The Cthuulu is what dumps it down. The big box orders will be latter. Those that just got a few small things as addons are 3-4 from indications.

I'm thinking 5-6. The Cthuulu is what dumps it down. The big box orders will be latter. Those that just got a few small things as addons are 3-4 from indications.

Or maybe they will ship the big addons first to make room. Kind of like what they are doing with the cases.

Or maybe they will ship the big addons first to make room. Kind of like what they are doing with the cases.

Cases are shipping in the low complexities? Is that confirmed? Haven't seen it, you know where you saw it? I was counting on that pushing my +3 smallish add on order back.

Cases are shipping in the low complexities? Is that confirmed? Haven't seen it, you know where you saw it? I was counting on that pushing my +3 smallish add on order back.

There have been reports of Vampire + case going out on Kickstarter. I suspect vampire & case is in complexity two as it's quite simple to pull that - probably simpler than any other vampire + 1 as it's quite hard to mix up when packing.