My Reaper BONES kickstarter has arrived!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forum Mascot

I had thought it was mentioned somewhere that the break in shipping would be 10 days.

The "Oh, ship!" update indicated there would be no shipping activity from April 11th through April 23rd, so 9 business days (I guess 11 if you count Saturdays). Certainly not the end of the world, and largely unavoidable, but a fairly bit delay in an enormous process nonetheless. I don't envy the poor guys trying to get all this done as fast as possible.

I see, I didn't think it was stopping as early as it is.

Well, nothing to do now then but hoard creamed corn and shotgun shells.

• Like 1

It isn't the apocalypse, but it is a puzzling choice.

I just realized that despite how people are talking about Reapercon interrupting shipping like it's the apocalypse, it's only what... 3-4 days in the difference? 7 at the outside?

I think I can live with that.

I don't know it's exact origin, but its generally attributed to a military source. There are several versions, usually altering the first verse.

When in Panic, when in Doubt...

Or:

When in Danger and in Doubt...

It's been quoted in several variations since, in movies, cartoons, and an endless number of gaming sessions.

:;):

To paraphrase a well known quote;

When in waiting

When in doubt

Run in circles

Scream and shout.

What quote is that paraphrasing?

When in danger

When in doubt

Run in circles

Scream and Shout

Old military saying. First attested to in Infantry Journal, 1929.

Puzzling how?

They hold Reapercon in the same place they use for the shipping. It would be kind of hard to sort packages with all the convention-goers in the way. And cancelling Reapercon really isn't an option for them.

"They hold Reapercon in the same place they use for the shipping."

That is a puzzling choice.

• Forum Mascot

Reapercon is in their factory. That's kind of part of the point of Reapercon. It's been this way since the first one, in 2004 (?)

Reapercon was scheduled before the kickstarter began, and could not thereafter be easily changed. So that left the following two options:

1. Begin fulfillment before Reapercon, stop during Reapercon, resume thereafter.

2. Or do no fulfillment at all until after Reapercon.

I'm willing to bet people would have been less happy with choice #2.

• Like 1

Puzzling how?

They hold Reapercon in the same place they use for the shipping. It would be kind of hard to sort packages with all the convention-goers in the way. And cancelling Reapercon really isn't an option for them.

"They hold Reapercon in the same place they use for the shipping."

That is a puzzling choice.

Nothing puzzling about it. They have a giant warehouse. I'm sure it has more space than any local hotel conference room, unless the town they are in has a major convention center like Orlando or Indianapolis. No costs for renting a hall. The product they will be using, selling or giving away is already there. No time or money involved in transport. It's a win/win for them.

Well, from what I gather it isn't giant, per se. It's quite large, you could fit several of my apartment in there. But certainly not giant, not by warehouse standards. If you want one of those get one from the Library of Congress or, hehe Warehouse 13, hehe.

Also, /whine, I haven't gotten my shipping notification ::(: /whine

ok, color me confused... I thought you couldn't pick up your bones at ReaperCon... did something change? (or am I just not reading things right [which is {highly} possible after the week Ive been having])

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48390-pick-up-at-reapercon/?p=695144

thanks, I missed that thread.