Im a big Lovecraft fan, but not a writer...

Here are some old pics from a skirmish game ive played called Strange Aeons. They are not an entry, just posting to give you guys some inspiration or ideas lol.

Here are some creatures... a shoggoth, dimensional shambler, nightgaunt, snake man, deep one, etc..

Monsters.jpg

Some cultists of the Cult of the Ever Embracing Tentacle hanging out at a deep wood's shack...

MeatShack.jpg

Some heroes (Threshold Agents) to combat the threats...Luke the adventurer, Nina the Archeologist, Ben the tramp steamer sailor, and Jeb the local back woods moonshiner and civilian contact.

ThresholdDemo.jpg

Cairo Division heroes...Luke the adventurer, Ali the local scholar, and Hans the german cargo pilot.

Threshold03a.jpg

Edited by Ithaqua
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Wolfie907- Very nice indeed. I would love to see more pictures. How did the short story turn out?

It appears that not everyone was as eager to work on this as you have. Also, I have yet to receive anything for the short story portion of this challenge from anyone. As of right now I am closing this challenge due to a lack of participation. Those that have submitted will recieve points for their efforts when I have a chance to calculate everything.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Crystocracy
      Before the known ages, the ancient gods, who were traveling through time and space, between galaxies and systems, between planets and moons, finally reached this small blue planet and its light gray moon. Millions of years ago, searching for the force on the dark side of this moon, they found the crystals that emitted enormous energy.

They took it with them and returned to the blue planet. With the use of the power from other dimensions they try to warp the crystal and use it for their own dark plans.
      It quickly turned out that the crystal emitted too much power, a power that did not harmonize with the forces of the Ancient One. The symbiosis caused conflict and damage to the ancients. The warped crystal had been abandoned by them here... and for millions of years, it had lain, covered by layers of earth and sand in the darkness and silence...

Hi.
      Greetings from Andrzej (Ater), Jakub (MiniaturesArtTeam), and Pawel  (PJG_sculptor). For some time we were working together on something on the side which finally became a big miniature project. We plan to put it together in a board-battle game!

But let's take small steps and start gently. In our first project, we want to offer you some miniatures from the world which were shown to us in the dreams by one guy, who calls himself Cthulhu (we know... it is quite weird, but the dreams were really cool).

Inspired by these visions, we create a new universe in the dark, steampunk/dieselpunk climate. Now we want to show you our project and we cordially invite you not only to participate in the project itself but also to create it. Please, share your thoughts and opinions with us! Please come closer, sit down and hear a story about the Crystocracy.

Instagram
      Facebook

Kickstarter

• By Pancakeonions
      I am stunned at my recently arrived Sophie's Revenge, and so excited to get it to the painting table (I will have to significantly reconfigure my painting space to ensure I have enough room...  As well as buy LOTS of new brown paint, ha!)  It is a thing of beauty, even without a lick of paint on it.  

One of the first things I noticed was how the magnetized masts SNAP to the deck, hard.  That's what you want, so they'll stay firmly in place.  But when you remove 'em, they'll likely scratch the heck out of the painted deck.  So I plan to cut disks of black felt to glue to the underside/ magnet-side of the masts, so that when they stick, they're more gentle.  Thin felt should not affect how they stick, but it should make a big difference on the ship's wear and tear.

Are you planning on painting yours?  What strategies are you going to adopt to make it as beautiful as you can, while still keeping it sturdy as a plaything for your RPGs, wargames, or maybe even little kids (don't judge!  mine are gonna be all over this thing!) 
    • By insaniak
      StackaRack is a customisable plastic rack for miniature paints, designed to hold pots or bottles from any of the major manufacturers.

Paint collections have a way of growing organically, and most of the current paint rack solutions out there are fixed to specific configurations, and made for a specific type of paint pot. If you're like me, and collect multiple brands of paint, that can make organising them a little frustrating, and so we thought we would try to fix that.

StackaRack was designed to hold any of the major miniature paint ranges - from the dropper bottles used by Vallejo and Army Painter, to the tall pots from the likes of Privateer and Reaper (and GW's old range), and the current stubby Citadel pots. The injection moulded plastic parts will fit together with plastic clips, allowing you to build it how you like, and disassemble and reconfigure it as needed.

Check out the project live on Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spiralarmstudios/stackarack?ref=acpi8t
    • By SparrowMarie
      I should have started this at the beginning of the year but a few months late is better than never. I've been working on getting stuff together for Q2 and some things for the rest of the year. For the quarterly stuff I'm going to continue to work on Grimtalon...that I don't think I have a WIP thread for and my large group has settled on doing a townsfolk theme and I'm doing the Fishwife from Dreadmere in Bones 4 KS. I have a diorama in the works but I really don't know if I'm going to finish it this quarter.

My list for April:

Theme: (Vampire):
      Jahenna, Female Vampire (77669)
      Limited Palette:
      Purple, Orange, Pink
      Styx Purple, Fire Orange, Runic Glow
      Giant Frog (44024)
      Player Character:
      Lysette, Elven Mage (Bones USA (30001))
      Monster:
      Gulper (44038)
      Duo:
      Cyclops (77705)
      Trio:
      Merowyn Lightstar (77675)
      New Release:
      Darius the Blue (Bones USA (30002))
      Freebie:
      D’Tenian, d10 (77647)

Will get some photos up soon.
    • By John Fiala
      I was a little surprised to not see this already here.  I just got a 48 hour notification on a game called "Lurkers of the Deep" - it's apparently an expansion to a miniatures game, but in addition to the game they're also selling a bunch of 20s/30s pulp/cthulhu style minis.  (And a number of buildings, too.)  I'm not interested in the game, but I put down a 30 pound pledge to get a bunch of the figures and get the various free stretch goals figures.

There's only another 46 or so hours left, so I guess that means it ends early on March 1st.

http://kck.st/3tbALxp is the link.
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 2 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)