Sign in to follow this  
fanguad

Lindir's New Legs

For one of my PFRPG games, the PCs will be running into a group of snakemen. I prefer my snakemen to have human torsos and snake lower bodies, but most of the snakemen minis are either snake-women that fit this description, or snakemen who are just huge snakes with arms.

Now that Bones are coming, conversions are cheap, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I will be combining Lindir, Elf Archer with Vandorendra Demon [warning, store link nudity alert]. 30 minutes with an exacto knife and some greenstuff and he has a new pair of legs!

Comments on the conversion are welcome, but they need to be made tonight, before the greenstuff cures! Question for those who do conversions - do I need to use superglue as well, or will the greenstuff be enough of a bond?

------------------------------------------

Lindir, checking out his new pair of legs. Simple cuts through both of his legs, and a straight cut through her torso.

post-8582-0-46513500-1365377889_thumb.jpg

Further cuts were made to both the torso and the snake tail to get them to roughly match up. I put a blob of greenstuff on the tail then mushed them together. I cleaned up the excess greenstuff and smoothed it out.

post-8582-0-89876500-1365377891_thumb.jpg post-8582-0-35612400-1365377894_thumb.jpg

The butt/tail area had the most gaps. Here's a close-up.

post-8582-0-32552600-1365377896_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Interesting idea.

Also, thanks for showing Vandy's lower snake bit. I have the metal version which, while nice, has virtually no base at all - and I'm glad to see an up close picture that shows the Bones one has ample base area. Should keep her from falling over all the time.

Actually, her new base is almost exactly a 1 inch circle. There's a little bit of stuff between her coils - a skull, some weapons and some bones.

• Like 1

you glued the pieces together before using the greenstuff to fill gaps, right? that'd be enough for bones. if not, you could hit a few points hidden underneath the coat area with glue to add some extra stability. It'll discolor the greenstuff, but won't hurt anything. I'm usually paranoid with extra glue since gamers are notoriously fumble fingered. nice conversion!! great idea!!

I didn't use any glue on him - the top and bottom didn't match well enough that there would have been many points of contact (and getting greenstuff in the gaps would have been really hard). I think I'll give him about 48 hours to fully cure, then give the top and bottom halves a moderate tug. If he comes apart, the greenstuff won't deform and I can hit the open spot with superglue. If he doesn't come apart, no extra work required!

• Like 2

I didn't use any glue on him - the top and bottom didn't match well enough that there would have been many points of contact (and getting greenstuff in the gaps would have been really hard). I think I'll give him about 48 hours to fully cure, then give the top and bottom halves a moderate tug. If he comes apart, the greenstuff won't deform and I can hit the open spot with superglue. If he doesn't come apart, no extra work required!

One thing to note for future conversions - any point of contact Bones to Bones will do the job with some superglue. It's unbelievable how well the stuff sticks together. So even if it's only a small area, worth putting a drop of cyanoacrylate in there anyway just to be sure.

*waits for the Goblinagas Buglips will crank out now that he's considered this*

• Like 1

I gave him a tug when I got home today and he came apart without too much effort. The greenstuff stayed intact, so I just put a bit of superglue in there, which should take care of any further issues.