Goblin Sitcom Pilot

Nocturne

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. No, you don't want that. Cockney, rhyming slang and all, is infinitely more comprehensible. Newfie, real Newfie (as opposed to my townie patois) is less an accent and more the evolution of english in the absence of consonants. I live here and I can only make out one word in twenty.

• Like 1

I live in Alberta. We have more newfies then Newfoundland (anyone from east of Toronto that speaks English is a newfie)

wait, wait, you've just explained Welsh. All the vowels moved to Newfoundland and left to consonants behind

Edited by ShadowRaven
  • Like 1

The sitcom needs supporting characters!

Fizban - the doddering uncle. He has a penchant for setting major appliances on fire, especially the dishwasher. This is why there is a running gag concerning the massive pile of dishes in the sink. If buglips brings up the dishes he's told to fix the dishwasher. This leads to a variation of the following dialog: bug, under-his-breath mutter, 'I thought I married one!' or 'I'd like to fix you!' Tak, screeching, 'what did you say?' bug, 'Nothing dear!'

Bahamut - the oh-so-perfect ex-boyfriend jock. Takhisis NEVER lets buglips forget how much better off she would have been with him and his beautiful, perfect children, plus just LOOK at how well the used car shop is doing.

Tasselhoff - the gender indeterminate child next door. He/she is a thief, and has an uncanny ability to anger, annoy and picks fights with anyone. Particularly bugs boss Sturm, the no nonsense retired army major. He/she managed to ruin the schmooze attempt the last time bug was up for a promotion and had him over for dinner. The only person Tass never annoys is Fizban, but that leads to a whole different set of problems, as half the neighborhood thinks uncle Fizzy might be a child molester (of course not, it's a sit com). In a "VERY SPECIAL EPISODE", we learn Tass is the spitting image of uncle Fizzys late child, explaining why Tass can do no wrong in his eyes.

Fizban - the doddering uncle. He has a penchant for setting major appliances on fire, especially the dishwasher. This is why there is a running gag concerning the massive pile of dishes in the sink. If buglips brings up the dishes he's told to fix the dishwasher. This leads to a variation of the following dialog: bug, under-his-breath mutter, 'I thought I married one!' or 'I'd like to fix you!' Tak, screeching, 'what did you say?' bug, 'Nothing dear!'

Bahamut - the oh-so-perfect ex-boyfriend jock. Takhisis NEVER lets buglips forget how much better off she would have been with him and his beautiful, perfect children, plus just LOOK at how well the used car shop is doing.

Ok, but Fizban is Paladine, and Paladine is Bahamut, who is Tiamat's twin, and Tiamat is Takhisis. >.>

Ok, but Fizban is Paladine, and Paladine is Bahamut, who is Tiamat's twin, and Tiamat is Takhisis. >.>

Incest is best left in the family. And btw, aren't they supposed to be gods or something?? This is normal. Just sayin'.

buglips*the*goblin, on 11 Apr 2013 - 16:52, said:

Some of you are dangerously close to turning Network Executive and may have to be put down.

Nahh...I'd be an underpaid, overworked script writer. That way, I can throw in a bunch of in-jokes and cool stuff. That, and I could hang out with all the underpaid "cool guys".

Edited by Terra Branford

wait, we're talking about painting something?

...only loosely, admittedly.

The topic was inspired by Buglips' work on a Takhisis "mini". It's been something of a running board joke since I've been here, so when he makes comments like "I'm complicated, and nobody understands me like my woman" the reply is "yeah, but she's got 5 heads" - or similar.

Painting or not, though, we're still talking about a Dragonlance character(ish, since he's painting her up as Tiamat - the order of the heads is different), so griping about there being Dragonlance characters is silly.

Well, a different kind of silly than the rest of the thread.

CARRY ON.

yes yes, I know that. I know all about Takahismat, her origins, her OTHER origins, and Buglips devotion to his woman. But that's still too many Dragonlance references for one post. At least there was no mention of the Next Generation characters, or I would have had to do something drastic. Like summon Elminster and Drizzt and six hundred Harpers (587 would be dead in the first five minutes of story) to balance things out. then call in C'thulu to kill them all, Oh and Kaladrax, he has to be involved causeing plans to go awry somewhere

Gaaaah. too many Dragonlance References :blink:

I thought I showed remarkable restraint stopping at four. I didn't touch on buglips childhood sweetheart, his kooky co-workers, his neighbor on the other side, the postman who looks suspiciously like his daughter, his children, his younger brother with the get rich quick schemes, etc. And that would just be first season. Six seasons and a movie baby!

• Like 2