KS Bones at retail and packaging

Baugi

There is no plan at this time to introduce any of the figures that will be released as 1 per pack into packages of more than one, to mix multiple sculpts into one package, or to turn any of the 3-packs into 1-packs and make those same models available as singles.

Sorry, I promise I'm not being intentionally obtuse. Of those 3 points, the 2nd would seem to contradict the 3rd. So there is no intention to mix multiple sculpts into one package, implying that something like Townsfolk 1 (metal version) will not exist, and that those minis will be packaged seperately. But if you have no intention of turning 3-packs into 1-packs... then Townsfolk 1 (metal) WILL stay together as Bones?

Am I reading it wrong? I'm so sorry to waste your time, but as one of the relatively few users on these boards that missed the KS and will be looking to buy some Bones the second they hit the shelves, I'm curious.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no plan at this time to introduce any of the figures that will be released as 1 per pack into packages of more than one, to mix multiple sculpts into one package, or to turn any of the 3-packs into 1-packs and make those same models available as singles.

Sorry, I promise I'm not being intentionally obtuse. Of those 3 points, the 2nd would seem to contradict the 3rd. So there is no intention to mix multiple sculpts into one package, implying that something like Townsfolk 1 (metal version) will not exist, and that those minis will be packaged seperately. But if you have no intention of turning 3-packs into 1-packs... then Townsfolk 1 (metal) WILL stay together as Bones?

Am I reading it wrong? I'm so sorry to waste your time, but as one of the relatively few users on these boards that missed the KS and will be looking to buy some Bones the second they hit the shelves, I'm curious.

I'm pretty sure that what Bryan meant was that they weren't going to combine any presently seperated bones into one pack, not to have no multipacks when those things are already planned (ie the rats)

Going back a few years to the transition in the Warlord packaging, and all the conversations I saw surrounding that, my guess is that this sort of decision really has to do with making things easy in the distribution channels. Apparently, a lot of retailers and distributors don't like having multiple SKUs covering what is basically the same thing. Shelf space is limited.

In other words - three individual models in separate packaging are 3 SKUs, putting them together in a multi pack gives a 4th SKU. The more multi packs you add, the more SKUs you add, but they're not actually new/different product. So what happens is that distribution or retail ends up dropping the multipack SKU OR the three separate SKUs anyway, depending on which are the better sellers.

One good thing is that Reaper has indicated that the Vampire level will be available as a bulk packaging deal (though they haven't said if this is limited time), though at much higher cost than we paid, but still lower than retail. Perhaps in the years to come and as the line grows we'll see some other bundle deals out of them, even if they are limited time, or convention specials.

Well I do not need another Vampire, I know I will be buying pieces of the Vampire set in the future. It is kinda too bad that they will not be grouped, but as I said earlier, it's going to be a matter of cents difference one way or another when i order online, so i really don't care. Whatever works best for reaper and it's customers in general.

No worries, happy to clarify.

Right now, some packs, such as Flaming Sphere, NOVA Soldier, or Skeletal Swordsman (to name a few) are sold with 3 copies of the same sculpt in one package. We do not have plans at this time to offer "nova soldier" in a package of X1 miniature.

As for the townsfolk, the metal versions are sold multiple to a set, but there is no plan to make a 3-pack of townsfolk with 3 different sculpts, or to release multiples of the same townie in one pack.