Sign in to follow this  
Teskal

UPS fee and the bones Kickstarter

These questione are more for the europeans, for me especially in germany.

Does anyone know how much UPS will charge for collecting the customs?

Does anyone know if it is possible to pay it with credit card?

IIRC they're using USPS, not UPS. And I'm not sure about that, depending on what you got you won't get charged anyway

Edited by BTJ

Deutsche Post has no handling fee, they are not allowed to do it.

It would be 19% VAT (+ extra customs if it is over 150€).

I hope that Reaper will put the invoice outside in the correct way, to make faster in the customs office.

My last order didn't, even after I asked for it.

I hoped for UPS, because they take over the customs fee handling and it would make it faster.

With last orders using USPS was always with trouble, because customs office is not reachable with a bike anymore.

Yeah it's USPS, so it'll be Deutsche Post once in the country.there should be something on their website that talks through it

http://www.deutschepost.de/de.html

I know in the UK, if it's over a certain threshold, you get 20% VAT plus a £8 handling fee, although HMRC don't always catch it

Yeah, anything over £15 the Royal Mail charges £8 plus the 20% VAT to customs.

How will my international shipment be declared?

We can’t mark a parcel coming from a business to a consumer as a gift or promotional materials with no value, so we must declare a value.

We will determine the customs declaration value of your shipment based on the Pledge Level(s) you chose in your backer survey. We will use the single highest pledge level you have chosen as your customs value.

As examples: if you want two Vampire Levels your receipt will show $100 as that is your single highest Pledge Level. If you are a Ghast Level and added paint and Orcs your receipt will show $15.00.

Note regarding Skeleton and Zombie Levels: These Levels will be valued at your single highest buy-in Option’s value. For example: If you get the paints your receipt will show $18. If you get the Orcs your receipt will show $25. If you get both, your receipt will show $25.

If you pledge for a “Crown Jewel" Level that is available to an international backer, then your receipt will show $100 for the Vampire Level that is included with your Crown Jewel.

For items that are shipping early, such as Sophie and the Sophie Boxed Set, we will do the same thing as described above based on whatever portion of your shipment we are sending. We only anticipate the need for two shipments in total.

If you are international backer please see FAQ "What about international shipping?"