Talisman Figures

The Inner Geek

Thyrm is doing a WIP of his Talisman figure painting in the WIP forum and I'd mentioned that put some paint on my Talisman figures last year. He asked to see them so now you all have to suffer my mediocre painting and awful photography!

These are board game pieces so I opted for some simple base coats and brushing on Army Painter Strong Tone. It's not high class stuff, but they have a very good protective coat and were super fast. Plus, they look better than plain old gray plastic!

ed2d864b-de90-4f92-8687-82eefb5c8c95.jpg

46c528aa-a8e6-4484-9cb9-215ad9894f79.jpg

fc01b742-a3db-4ba3-86cd-fe1e9d55f8ec.jpg

This is all the figures from the Talisman box, Highlands Expansion, and Grim Reaper Expansion. When I get a setup for taking decent pictures I might post some minis I actually painted w/out the dip!

• Like 20

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicely done. I see you followed the pictures on the Character Cards. (See character card pics on my WIP.)

I am debating whether or not I will follow the pics. On the gaming side ... I feel that it helps with game play. On the painting side ... where's the fun in following the "guide"?

LOL

Back to work.

Edited by Thrym

Yes, Quickshade is a big help. I use it not a a last step, but it is also a good way to protect a mini, if I don't want to proceed with the painting for a while.

After the Quickshade I start normally with highlights which is my training ground in the moment.

Is the mini in the middle of the first picture a dwarf? It is sthe only mini in this set I don't like, if it should be a dwarf.

Do you have any Reaper mini's? Could you make a photo to show how the size difference is?

Anyway, the paintings are good tabletop standard. And a reminder for me, to get the strong tone QS!

Oh, great results with Quickshade! Miniatures I'm painting now are going to see a lot of action in the gaming table, and was very temped to use Quickshade just for the protection. I used it on my Blood Bowl team earlier and there's no way to harm the paintjob while playing.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Nicely done. I see you followed the pictures on the Character Cards. (See character card pics on my WIP.)

I am debating whether or not I will follow the pics. On the gaming side ... I feel that it helps with game play. On the painting side ... where's the fun in following the "guide"?

LOL

Back to work.

Yea, I decided to make the minis match the cards/art. I'm no color theory genius and it was surprisingly low stress to not have to worry about picking colors!

Yes, Quickshade is a big help. I use it not a a last step, but it is also a good way to protect a mini, if I don't want to proceed with the painting for a while.

After the Quickshade I start normally with highlights which is my training ground in the moment.

Is the mini in the middle of the first picture a dwarf? It is sthe only mini in this set I don't like, if it should be a dwarf.

Do you have any Reaper mini's? Could you make a photo to show how the size difference is?

Anyway, the paintings are good tabletop standard. And a reminder for me, to get the strong tone QS!

That mini is a dwarf... he's kind of a big dwarf in my opinion. I do have some Reaper minis. I started on the bones 'Gandwarf' last night. I'll try to toss up a pic with a reaper mini or two for scale when time permits.

I love quickshade, though I cheat and use minwax polyshades, great for tabletop, protects the minis better then anything, and can speed a paint job up by a huge margin, save the 24 hour drying time, but that's why you do big batches. Like this. I say these guys are looking pretty darn good, and should make game playing just that much better

Those are pretty nice. I especialy like way the pink dress came out.

I like that you painted them pretty close to the original illustration. I have a set of these and have long considered doing the same with mine, but they sit unpainted in the box. I should get mine painted up if for no other reason than as excuse to play the game again.

• Like 1