Talisman Figures

The Inner Geek

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You did a fantastic job capturing the essence of the card artwork and making them have the 'feel' of the old-timey art!

I beg to differ. That is not the old-timey art, but rather the middle-ages art.

These are the genuine old-timey art and the characters from the version of Talisman we have. They predate the three-dimensional figures.

I don't know about later editions of Talisman, but ours made no secret of the fact that it was set in the Warhammer and Warhammer 40K universe.

LOL, my Thief & Prophetess are based on that art Pingo linked. Yes they are that old... (I also have the Samurai from Adventure and the Barbarian, Halfling & Satyr from Expansion). One day I should clean the thief and repaint and base him.

Heck the old Timescape exapansion explicitly linked Talisman to 40K with the Space Marine and Astropath characters, and their other boardgame Chainsaw Warrior with a character of the same name.

Edited by ObsidianCrane

You did a fantastic job capturing the essence of the card artwork and making them have the 'feel' of the old-timey art!

I beg to differ. That is not the old-timey art, but rather the middle-ages art.

These are the genuine old-timey art and the characters from the version of Talisman we have. They predate the three-dimensional figures.

I don't know about later editions of Talisman, but ours made no secret of the fact that it was set in the Warhammer and Warhammer 40K universe.

Actually there were 3-D minis for the images you posted. They weren't in the game itself but were sold separate in blisters and a boxed set. Not the greatest of sculpts but Citadel did make them.

Link:

http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Talisman

William