Box of shame

Dibbler

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is killing me. I would love to have a fully operational wood shop at my house. One of the things I miss the most from college was supervising the stage and scenery shop and having full access to a major wood shop with pretty much every toy I may need.

• Like 6

I have only have 20 unpainted (using goblin math...). 10 paper boxes filled with unopened blisters, about the same amount opened but in boxes since the recent remodel and several hundred unpainted on the shelf. I subscribe to miniature fountain of youth effect....

• Like 2

I have a stuff all over my place that needs painting. Thankfully, my Closet of Gaming is mostly things like terrain, things to make more terrain, painting supplies and the like... But, that's because most of my unpainted stuff is in smallish boxes...

Something like fifteen years into the hobby and I have...one small shelf of unpainted primed figures, a shoebox of stuff I'll never get to but don't want to throw away, lots and lots and lots of parts - pewter and appliance - for making more, and the current list of armies to paint for is about 60-70 figures. And a bunch of large dragons I forgot about.

---and a FULL modular bookshelf of painted figures. Display space is becoming a serious problem in Chateau des Grenouilles.

I've got "Shelving Units of Shame" stuffed with upwards of 800 yet to be painted miniatures collected over the past 14 years. I even have a few dozen lead pieces saved from the late 80's and early 90's.

I feel less bad about my box of shame of minis than I do of my garage of shame of wood working machinery.

That reminds me I need to get to work in my lathe workshop- maybe I'll finish turning a piece before midsummer.

That is killing me. I would love to have a fully operational wood shop at my house. One of the things I miss the most from college was supervising the stage and scenery shop and having full access to a major wood shop with pretty much every toy I may need.

A lack of 220 volt power has kept me from spending somewhat large amount of money (for my budget) on woodworking machinery. As a plus, I actually have a savings account... for now. Though when I do start flatwork, I'll definitely make a new "Shelf of Shame" lol. Maybe even a display for some finished miniatures.

• Like 1

There's a serious bit of misunderstanding here: There's nothing shameful about unpainted figures; they're just stock. In fact if you ever run out of those, you die, so be careful*.

Shelf of Shame only refers to figures that you actually started painting then stopped because something shiny caught your attention or because you decided you hated the figure with the fury of a thousand burning suns. (There is some disagreement as to whether priming constitutes "started painting", but those who think that it does are just wrong. :;): )

* Note that the converse is regrettably not true. Having enough lead to survive a nuclear war does not guarantee survival — more's the pity.

• Like 1

I was trying to make myself feel better, Doug. By implying that a hoard, unpainted or not, counted then I could commiserate. But then you had to come along and tell everybody what's what, and so now they feel less bad, but I still have to face my shelf - my continental shelf - of shame.

I hope you're proud of yourself. Real proud.

Well, by Doug's standard's all I have is a little crowd of mini's on my desk who shame me when I sit down to work. No shelf, no box, thank goodness no ROOM.

No, I have 4 rubbermaid boxes full of bolts of pretty cloth that would "be so pretty for a skirt" for my shame. See? I am a girl.

• Like 2