Sign in to follow this  
Dibbler

Box of shame

Wow, buglips does cause a lot of off topics discussions.

You ever notice how, when my Bones threads go off topic, posts are never pruned out? I think everybody just acknowledges it's a futile endeavour and best to just let it ride.

I'd like some stuffed goblins for my girls. That's a cool idea for their 3rd birthday. So happy that I now have no shame. I have Stock of Rejuvenation.

You ever notice how, when my Bones threads go off topic, posts are never pruned out? I think everybody just acknowledges it's a futile endeavour and best to just let it ride.

well, the only other option would be to have a dedicated 'buglips has gone off topic' thread down here to send all the pruned parts to. which could be kind of interesting really. Have one discussion cary on, then suddenly the topic switches out to a totally separate bit of insanity. People would never know what was going on.

I just went to my mother's place for dinner and mentioned I was getting back into figure painting. She then pulled out my father's 3 boxes of shame - figures he bought when we played DND 30 years ago and never painted. Seeing the giant spider I fought as a kid was a real blast from the past.

So, effectively, I have inheirited my father's shelf of shame, 10 years after he died.. Figmentia has looooooooong incubation period it would seem, and there may well be a genetic component.

I am sorry about your father, Laoke.

That is pretty cool, actually, I hope you have fun with them.

• Like 1

well, the only other option would be to have a dedicated 'buglips has gone off topic' thread down here to send all the pruned parts to. which could be kind of interesting really. Have one discussion cary on, then suddenly the topic switches out to a totally separate bit of insanity. People would never know what was going on.

...do we ever?

I started collecting back in September.

I have easily two hundred unpainted minis. I haven't counted.

Not counting the Reaper minis (which includes four vampire boxes), I've got about a hundred more from various Kickstarters coming.

I may have a problem.

Do mine count as abandoned if I simply have not finished them yet? I have ... mmm, maybe, ulp, about twenty minis I am s-l-o-o-o-o-o-w-l-y working on, each one kind of in turn. Like one day I do some work work on these six and a week later I do a little on those three ... and I still have my Bones ogre from buglips' thread which I am adding a tiny bit to at a time. None of them are set aside, but few of them see a paintbrush oftener than once a month.

Yeah i was looking in the closet of unfinished dreams that i stuck in my bag of holding and I have close to 7 or 8 hundred that I can see and many more that I cant, but know they are there, haunting me like a ghost. I used to play historical games of all flavors and most of them took pretty sizable armies, so there are tons of that kind, and about 6 gw armies from different games that i lost interest in.

However, I vow to paint my bones figures when they get here...er um..... try to paint some of... um.....I'll get back to you! :bday:

• Like 2

Do mine count as abandoned if I simply have not finished them yet? I have ... mmm, maybe, ulp, about twenty minis I am s-l-o-o-o-o-o-w-l-y working on, each one kind of in turn. Like one day I do some work work on these six and a week later I do a little on those three ... and I still have my Bones ogre from buglips' thread which I am adding a tiny bit to at a time. None of them are set aside, but few of them see a paintbrush oftener than once a month.

No, though they might count as slightly neglected. ^_^

At some point, though, when you haven't worked on a figure in long enough, it becomes constructively abandoned. I'm pretty sure if it's been more than a year since you last did anything with it, that counts.

• Like 1

oh, well if unpainted doesn't count, and 'slowly being worked on' doesn't count, I really don't have any. A few that are awaiting a bath because I don't like the paint job, but none that are abandoned

I have 6 figures from reaper. At some point of time back whenever Gauntlet came out for the PS2, Fry's was doing a promotion and gave away these little blister packs of miniatures. Did not know what they were and kept them in their blisters until a year back when I found them in an old box and opened them to play with the miniatures. So 5 of those + 1 bones figure (the mindflayer formerly known as Beth). ^_^

I . . . I . . . could . . .

::D: My husband and I agree, we'd want one too! And he says he'd pay you for one. He loves gobbies. Just tonight he was having fun roleplaying 3 of the NPC gobbies our party met in DND. Pan Nimbley the Great, (a shopkeeper/wizard who has an amazing trunk) and Squig and Squag, pirate brothers who like to blow stuff up (the alaghee puts holes in the ships, they run in, steal everything, and leave bombs behind). He plays a great goblin ::D:

• Like 1

Before anybody gets too excited about goblins made by a goblin, I should point out that I'd have to design the thing, make a pattern, construct a prototype, de-rust my skillset, and all of that in addition to my many other time-chomping projects. So it wouldn't necessarily be a quick thing.

But I'll consider it, and think about it, and maybe we'll see.

• Like 6