*sigh* Guess it is may then...

zedin

Also if the plastic is cheaper and better overall, why are both undead dragons being advertised as $75.00? That's actually more expensive than Gamesworkshops plastic dragons. I know they are quite large, and if it's b/c they are being assembled for the consumer, then let us put it together. After all, I belive most of us can do that. Cripes that price tag comes close to price of their metal dragons. Kinda scary.

Ok,ignoring all the timing/shipping/whatever stuff...

You may have missed the part where Reaperbryan talked about Khaladrax. It is the largest miniature they've ever done. You'd need a 14" square base to base it. If done in metal he calculated it would weigh about 10 pounds and cost $1000.

That's why it costs $75 as a Bones miniature.

Edited by Jasper_the_2nd
  • Like 1

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew Sophie was metal, and rereading my post I can see where one would think I was under the impression it was not. I meant I could see where it may have taken some time to get. Second, I'm allowed my opinion but I am sadden to see your response. Wether I do so or not is not for you to know.

Edited by SelnartheBlack
  • Like 2

Thanks Jasper, I did indeed miss that post as I have not been on the forums for some time.

Also if the plastic is cheaper and better overall, why are both undead dragons being advertised as $75.00? That's actually more expensive than Gamesworkshops plastic dragons. I know they are quite large, and if it's b/c they are being assembled for the consumer, then let us put it together. After all, I belive most of us can do that. Cripes that price tag comes close to price of their metal dragons. Kinda scary.

Ok,ignoring all the timing/shipping/whatever stuff...

You may have missed the part where Reaperbryan talked about Khaladrax. It is the largest miniature they've ever done. You'd need a 14" square base to base it. If done in metal he calculated it would weigh about 10 pounds and cost $1000.

That's why it costs $75 as a Bones miniature.

Shipping did begin in March, and has been steadily heading out to backers since.

I'm not really bothered by the delayed shipping. Even if its May before my order arrives that's fine. The insistence that because a small number shipped in March it should be considered that Reaper met their initial shipping date estimate annoys the hell out of me though.

• Like 3

Frankly, it sucks.

Also, don't bother flaming me on how I don't know what I'm talking avbout.

Hope you all have a great day.

Out of curiosity, have you read any of the threads here about the timings, hows and whys? Reaper has communicated very clearly what was going on, why some of the decisions were made.

Have you back any other kickstarters? It is very rare that any of them actually start to ship by the estimated ship date.

Reaper did not expect to have the volume of backers that they received - their timeline was based on a much lower volume, yet they still managed to start shipping on time (in spite of delays at customs).

The tone of your response appeared to be hostile, with a touch of "don't bother me with facts, I have made up my mind". Saying that you know what you are talking about, when it appears that you are not up to speed on what is going on, did not come across as a valid point/argument, but did come across a fair bit condescending. When you worked for the catalog company, I assume that you had service standards on how long it would take to ship goods to people (barring items being out of stock). Would you have been able to meet those standards if you suddenly receive 18,000 orders on top of your normal order volume?

You have my apology if I have read your intentions or tone incorrectly

As Ladystorm pointed out if you are that unhappy you can request a refund.

There's at least one person offering to buy out unhappy backers.

Thus far, no one has taken him up on it.

Probably because someone being anxious to get something sooner doesn't really equate to not them wanting it at all.

• Like 1