*sigh* Guess it is may then...

zedin

I was told it is the absolute last solution. Because it meant you had given up on the client.

I think the point that we're trying to make is that you're not exactly a client because of the kickstarter. Yes, you're someone who may purchase from Reaper in the future, but as far as the kickstarter goes - you're a supporter. You've donated money in order to help them complete their creative project. Unlike some pie in the sky projects, Reaper is well on it's way to fulfilling every single one of their magical promises.

I could complain about having not received my package. I could choose to be disappointed that it didn't show up on my doorstep on the last day of March. But if I did so, I would be forgetting that over 10k (estimated) other people have an equally valid reason why their rewards should be shipped before mine. And I can imagine if I started jostling for a better position in line, it might step on someone else's toes. So I keep it to myself. Even better, I remind myself that A) I'm still getting everything I was promised, and B) even though I've got to wait a little more for it, I'm only looking at a month or so more than I had originally planned. And most of all C) I can be happy that there are 17743 other people also wanted some of what I wanted- so their contributions more than quadrupled what I was originally able to get for my money. Sure I'm waiting in line, and there's a smelly goblin in front of me (or behind me- I can't locate by smell), but we've taken a company up a notch by supporting them, created jobs, and hopefully our enthusiasm rubs off on many more hobbyists.

People get touchy when their toes get stepped on. Talk to the guy in line behind you- they're good folk.

• Like 2

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buglips is behind you by the way. Between being a Canadian, and ordering at least one of everything, He's probably several dozen people behind you at this point. But that's okay, he has other Bones and a new(to him) smelly sock of indeterminate colour to keep him occupied. Besides, when that wears off, there is always his woman.

I don't really see much worth in discussing the matter. Either you understand that Kickstarters are to fund something that's not into production and the more successful they become the longer it takes to fulfill or you don't. People that are still upset that everything didn't go out last month think it's the same as a pre-order of something that production has already started on and refuse to separate the two concepts.

Now whether or not Reaper should have delayed or canceled Reaper con is a valid argument as I'm sort of in the camp that Reaper should have delayed the convention back in September once they knew the true scale of this but I also don't buy convention tickets or plane tickets a year in advance as some people do and I know Reaper didn't want to burn those people. Hopefully next time Reaper does something at this scale, if they ever do, there will be better planning based off the information learned from this endeavor.

I say they just should have put ReaperCon attendees to work as free labor as many offered to do... ;)

I'm bummed that I likely won't get mine until after May 6, but that's solely because I'm going camping that week and wanted to take 'em with. However, I understand that it's just an unfortunate confluence and I'll survive. I've always got other stuff to take and paint.

Something to remember, moderators are not employees. I do not think Ladystorm meant anything other than you have an option.

Personally, the Bones minis are extra icing on the cake that is my life. They will show up someday soon. I do not want someone to have to miss time with their families so I can have it sooner nor am I upset that an annual event was not cancelled or impacted because my icing is not yet here. And I would hope that people lucky enough to go to Reaper Con are able to buy the new minis. It would mean that I could see and enjoy more reactions to build my anticipation.

Curse you, Niranth! Reason sucks!

;p

I'm going to add my two cents here because I think it's important to highlight something. I understand your frustration, Selnar. Particularly if somebody hasn't been active on the boards since the Kickstarter things can look a little different from the outside. Those of us who were here virtually every day were well conditioned to know that March was a flexible date due to many circumstances. Without that, it's not unreasonable to come along and wonder what's going on.

However, I think it worth pointing out that what you call bad service is, ironically, actually the opposite. There's a schism here between perception and reality, and if you're not familiar with how Reaper does what it does then it can look one way when it's another.

Reaper could have solved a lot of issues by simply setting the target out a few months to give them some space. They could have said, for example, estimated delivery in June. At least half of the current complaints would instantly vanish just from that simple statement.

So why didn't they? Well, when Reaper looked this idea over they said "You know, I think we can do this in March - which is a lot better than June - and everybody gets their stuff faster. So if we can do it, then that's what our target should be." In other words, Reaper decided that because they could get this done probably quicker, that it's better for the people who backed them if they do.

I think that's pretty hardcore customer service. I'd have pulled a Scotty and added months to what I thought I could do so I could look like a miracle worker. Despite the difficulty in getting millions of Bones into production from concept art to finished product in a mere 8 months, and despite it falling around Reapercon and causing more headache, Reaper went with the more difficult option that had the chance to get us all our goodies faster than we would have.

See, Reaper isn't like other companies. They do care, and they work ridiculously hard for us. I never had any clue how true that was at first, I figured it out after a while. They walk the balance between getting our hopes up (announcing things too soon that might not appear because of difficulties) and going above and beyond to keep us happy any chance they can get to do so. These guys are fanatical about CS, in a very old school way.

They're getting flak because they tried to do right by us and get things out as soon as they were available, instead of sitting on them or extending the date outwards. I think they've done a phenomenal job with this Kickstarter. You may disagree. That's cool, we don't all have to agree on stuff. That'd make for a boring world.

But I felt it might be helpful to sort of help fill in the other side of this issue from a different persepctive. We're all desperately eager to get our Bones, and we'll get them soon enough. Maybe not as soon as we'd like, but soon enough. So I hope this post has been a bit helpful in illustrating how (in my opinion, I don't work or speak for Reaper) things turned out the way they did, and that Reaper busted their butts to get it done as smoothly, and quickly, as they were able.

I hope your Bones will prove as satisfying as the existing pre-kickstarter ones I've been playing with, and if you're looking for advice, tips, or have questions about painting them then this forum is one of the best resources to help out. When all of our Kickstarter stuff finally arrives, there'll be a lot of fun stuff going in the community. Feel free to join in, we're always happy to welcome a new person slinging some paint. The whole point of the exercise is fun!

Damn you!

This has got to be the first time a Stanky-shoe'd goblin has got a hetero dwarf to want to marry him...

I don't really see much worth in discussing the matter. Either you understand that Kickstarters are to fund something that's not into production and the more successful they become the longer it takes to fulfill or you don't. People that are still upset that everything didn't go out last month think it's the same as a pre-order of something that production has already started on and refuse to separate the two concepts.

Now whether or not Reaper should have delayed or canceled Reaper con is a valid argument as I'm sort of in the camp that Reaper should have delayed the convention back in September once they knew the true scale of this but I also don't buy convention tickets or plane tickets a year in advance as some people do and I know Reaper didn't want to burn those people. Hopefully next time Reaper does something at this scale, if they ever do, there will be better planning based off the information learned from this endeavor.

I say they just should have put ReaperCon attendees to work as free labor as many offered to do... ;)

I'm bummed that I likely won't get mine until after May 6, but that's solely because I'm going camping that week and wanted to take 'em with. However, I understand that it's just an unfortunate confluence and I'll survive. I've always got other stuff to take and paint.

I'm not really upset about reapercon getting in the way because I know if Reaper knew, in advance, the amount of time it was going to take to actually ship everything then they would have set the two dates farther apart.

I'm not really upset about reapercon getting in the way because I know if Reaper knew, in advance, the amount of time it was going to take to actually ship everything then they would have set the two dates farther apart.

And shipping probably would have lost out.

Also, Selnar, as early as halfway through the Kickstarter, they were already estimating that shipping could take them into April. They were clear that they were only planning to start in March. And they've always admitted that some factors outside their control could delay it further. And they did. The last shipment took a while to clear customs, which is why they didn't start until the end of March. It's not like they had everything laying about the warehouse, and they just sat on their bums. Delays happened, and they were open about what was happening.

While I was unhappy that my Bones didn't show up in March for my birthday, I am perfectly happy with how things are working out. I do feel bad for folks who ordered tons of stuff and hope it shows up soon.

I also have respect for Reaper for communicating what they have and for doing what they've done. I worked in a warehouse for a few weeks and that was enough for me.