*sigh* Guess it is may then...

zedin

Also if the plastic is cheaper and better overall, why are both undead dragons being advertised as $75.00? That's actually more expensive than Gamesworkshops plastic dragons. I know they are quite large, and if it's b/c they are being assembled for the consumer, then let us put it together. After all, I belive most of us can do that. Cripes that price tag comes close to price of their metal dragons. Kinda scary.

It's likely that the bigger monsters like the dragons will not be pre-assembled (as that would make them much bulkier to pack), certainly some of the vampire box creatures like the gryphon were shipped in parts for precisely that reason.

As to price, yup it's not cheap, but it IS cheap for what you get, I think I remember Reaper Bryan posting one of the two huge undead dragons (not sure if it was Kaladrax or Nethermyaul) would come in at oh so much more in metal (even tightly packed in bits Kaladrax has to ship is something the size of a shoebox, and Netherrmaul is slightly bigger)

Oh, and while I'd like my bones immediately Reaper is doing a better job than many KS mini/minigame projects out there. We're seeing the stuff the customer never usually sees when they buy stuff from a store (the company might well have intended to get it into the store 1,2,3,6 or even 12 months earlier but stuff happens and it's delayed but you don't see it)

• Like 3

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhere Bryan posted that they estimated how much pewter would be needed to cast the new Kaladrax and it was something like ten pounds.

He estimated the cost of the model would have to be around $1000.

I think there is a significant mass difference between these models and most other dragon models.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 1

My understanding is that my order will likely ship in late April/early May, ca 4-6 weeks behind the original estimate. This is better than most Kickstarters manage, and I'm certainly certain that Reaper has engaged in the required good faith effort to fulfil their Kickstarter promise ASAP. Also my Kaladrax will be a lot bigger than what I expected when I pledged, which is cool. As it'll now be too big for regular use I did get myself a little dracolich too though, in the D&D 'Curse of Undeath' box. :)

That said, I do think that in an ideal world Reaper should have built in more slack to their public estimate of fulfilment, with an internal deadline several months earlier. I'd be happier if they had publicly estimated shipping to begin say late April, setting an internal deadline eg end of February. Also, in an ideal world I'd have liked to know several months earlier that the shipping process would likely take 6-8 weeks. On the info I had, I had expected that shipping would likely start end of March, which did happen (yaay Reaper!) ::D: - but I had expected that it would maybe take a couple weeks to complete, so I was expecting my shipment to reach me in the UK by around mid May. If I'd had an indication that shipping would take so long I'd not have got my hopes up and could have planned my gaming around a mid-June arrival.

So, not perfect, but I think Reaper have done better than 90% of minis Kickstarters, and I have every confidence that I'll get my stuff in 2013. ::D:

Edited by Simon
  • Like 1

That said, I do think that in an ideal world Reaper should have built in more slack to their public estimate of fulfilment, with an internal deadline several months earlier. I'd be happier if they had publicly estimated shipping to begin say late April, setting an internal deadline eg end of February. Also, in an ideal world I'd have liked to know several months earlier that the shipping process would likely take 6-8 weeks. On the info I had, I had expected that shipping would likely start end of March, which did happen (yaay Reaper!) ::D: - but I had expected that it would maybe take a couple weeks to complete, so I was expecting my shipment to reach me in the UK by around mid May. If I'd had an indication that shipping would take so long I'd not have got my hopes up and could have planned my gaming around a mid-June arrival.

To be fair, they were expecting shipping to only take three weeks to complete right up until about a week or two before they began shipping. There's a lot of unknowns in what they're doing, they've never had to organize something like this before.

Good points all across the board I feel reaper should put out a update (so they tell every backer) what's going on with shipping, I'm in canada and a forum user but have no idea what is going on for the shipping etc, someone mentioned something about a license is there a official post for that?

I'm not to fussed about reapercon it wouldn't of been smart to delay the event so late in the game

Wait, what's going on?

Something about May and Reaper changing names?

I have an extremely complex order and was assuming that it would be one of the last one shipped and I am ok with that. But what's this about shutting down until May or something?

Was there an update sent out?

There was an update or they said it somewhere. They are not closing down until May, they are putting a hold on shipping for 10 days while they deal with the yearly ReaperCon (they originally expected shipping to be done by then, not their fault the KS was 'too' successful... ;p

As for the name change, no such thing. hobbyQ is and always has been (AFAIK) the parent company name. Another fact the OP was misinformed about.

HobbyQ became the parent company name about two years ago. They formed it and moved all the reaper assists under the new company so that their non-reaper stuff (like the dinos and such) would be under a more "mass market" friendly name. So basically HobbyQ was created to sell stuff to craft stores, museums and the like that might be jittery about stocking from a company named Reaper that uses skulls as it's logo.

• Like 2

/facepalm

Ok thanks. I got a little nervous there for a second. I've not only got this KS being delivered at some point, but also the CSM and Bombshell Babes.

Regarding CSM and Bombshell KS's...

I have to say, I'm getting a little nervous about receiving anything from the latter at this point. A week ago, Bombshell said they've almost shipped everything (single digits not shipped), but so far nothing has shown up at my door.

And CSM, who knows what's going on there, total circus...

So I hope my burgeoning nervousness towards Bones is unfounded.

Especially since they're now being sold at retail, which kinda twists my panties.

/facepalm

Ok thanks. I got a little nervous there for a second. I've not only got this KS being delivered at some point, but also the CSM and Bombshell Babes.

I have to say, I'm getting a little nervous about receiving anything from the latter at this point. A week ago, Bombshell said they've almost shipped everything (single digits not shipped), but so far nothing has shown up at my door.

Especially since they're now being sold at retail, which kinda twists my panties.

1) Bombshell is only about 60% complete on shipping.

2) Ya CSM had several of us here worried.

3) The bones being sold are not part of this kickstarter, they were in production before the KS launched.

Much of Bombshell has shipped, *except* pledges which included the rocketbike, which AFAIK they are waiting on from the caster. I got mine (no rocketbike), my husband is waiting on his (includes rocketbike).

/facepalm

The only Bones that are being sold at retail are the original Bones, the ones that started the line. There are 29-30 SKUs that are on the market and have been on the market for some time. Now some of those are also part of the Kickstarter but nothing that is new as the result of the Kickstarter is available for sale through a regular retail outlet (although I suppose if a retailer bought a single vampire and broke it up they could be selling it) and are definitely not available through a distributor. Reaper has already stated that distributor orders will not be filled until the last of the pledges has been shipped.

I would guess that retailers that participated in the kickstarter will have their pledges filled at the end.

Bombshell:

$1 RACK LEVEL - Completed
• $7 PRIMER LEVEL - Completed
• $15 FUSE LEVEL - Completed
• $20 CASING LEVEL - Completed
• $25 CHARGE LEVEL - 2 Remaining
• $30 IGNITOR LEVEL - Completed
• $55 DETONATOR LEVEL - 1 Remaining
• $75 BOMB KIT LEVEL - 5 Remaining

Much of Bombshell has shipped, *except* pledges which included the rocketbike, which AFAIK they are waiting on from the caster. I got mine (no rocketbike), my husband is waiting on his (includes rocketbike).

And that's what has me worried, No rocketbike ordered here.
• $100 BLAST LEVEL - 13 Remaining
• $120 BARRAGE LEVEL - 6 Remaining
• $140 INCENDIARY LEVEL - 1 Remaining
• $150 NAPALM LEVEL - In progress
• $170 PLASMA LEVEL - 8 Remaining
• $200 NEUTRON LEVEL - In Progress