love my bones!

lizardbrain

• Members

Ahh yes, Highschool, when real men could figure out THACO, and I got kicked out of gym class permanently. Good days

I loved my gym class. We had 70+ students and only one coach, so he just gave us a bunch of balls and said "go play" instead of trying to do anything organized. I used to play D&D in that class. That was in the days before THACO, when you had to look up your target number in a table in the books.

I got harassed in gym class until I out leg pressed the linebackers on the nautilus.. Soccer + 100 mile bike rides + mile swim in BSA..

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh yes, Highschool, when real men could figure out THACO, and I got kicked out of gym class permanently. Good days

God, I do not miss THAC0. At all.

I'm also for turning 11 again when I get my Bones. I'm going to unbox them at a friend's game store, so I'm sure it'll go over well there.

• Like 1

I was annoyed when THAC0 came around and wrung myself into knots trying to make sense of it.

Of course, now we can all look back on it and laugh.

It would probably be one of those ones that start out slow and low and build up through hyperventilation into a despairing mad cackle.

• Like 1

I was annoyed when THAC0 came around and wrung myself into knots trying to make sense of it.

It would probably be one of those ones that start out slow and low and build up through hyperventilation into a despairing mad cackle.

Don't forget the nervous twitch under the eye before the laughter starts.

• Like 1

SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed

Usually refers to wife or SO.

Or in my case, my cat. Who gets quite annoyed that I paint little play-people instead of petting her!

I was refering to my wife, who in honesty supports my painting, encourages it even it was the hoarding she is not a fan of, but I too have a couple of female cats that don't appreciate my painting time :;):

A plus is a minus

A minus is a plus

When you hit the enemy

It's time to math with us

A negative means it's good

Unless it's for a roll

It's easy once you do it

Practice on a troll

Over's always better

Unless it's a stat check

Up is down and down is up

With a matrix or a deck

So now you know the Thac0

It's really not so tough

It's integers and abstracts

Math disguised as fluff

• Like 12

In my day*, we had separate charts for each character class, and those were modified by a table for the interaction between weapon type and armor type. (What type of armor is a rust monster, again?) THAC0 (mostly stolen from the Judges Guild, BTW), was much easier.

Still crazy, but better**.

* One of my days, anyway. I'm pretty sure that tomorrow will be the next one.

** Remember, better is good, but good is better.