Stats for Reaper Bones?

TheLazyOne

Why not just forget about all thse wierd rules of copyright and make some cool monsters with similar names: Displace beast becomes Displacer panther, etc. I would suggest using an abbreviated d&d statblock (like the rules cyclopedia example) because d&d is the lingua franca of fantasy rpg, and it is probably eaiser to translate monsters from d&D into another system than the other way around. Oh and I would be happy to help, once my damn bones actually get here!

(I use an abbreviated d&D statblock for all my writings, like this: (HD 1, HP 1, AC10, +1 Att 1, Dam 1-2, special)

Simple short works well, then you can put the complicated bits in the paragraph descriptions.

Just my O.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about this a bit, I wrote a game for Impact! miniatures new chibi miniatures. Part of the agreement was that I got to keep all ownership over the rules and such. I could probably adapt the rules a bit and design cards for the Bones line as well. I'd probably ned to alter some of it to allow greater flexability that would be needed to make a lasting interesting game for Bones. Hmm, let me mull this over more and see what I can come up with.

Been chatting with Pete a bit, would people like a Heroquest style game (though you wouldn't have to own an original set, everything you'd need could be printed) with all the bones figures statted, some blank character sheets and then everything you need to play an ultralight RPG/Dungeon Crawl like your old Heroquest adventures. I can't say it'd be perfectly balanced, but it should offer more depth than say Song of Blades. I figure between Bones and Dwarven Forge, people will have everything they need except possibly the game. If I get permission from Reaper I might be able to offer the cards as a POD item from one of the sites that does game cards. Item cards and the treasure cards you'd probably still have to print at home due to art copywrites.

Here is a quick mockup of an enemy card using the Oxidation Beast.

OxidaationBeast.png

• Like 4

I'd be interested! It's more or less what I am planning on using the minis for anyway, using some system... be it Warhammer Quest, Descent, some other random system, your system-in-development or a system of my own design. Just... something! Dungeon crawls are awesome.

Well, The Faceless King is going for classic HeroQuest while I'm building off of D20. Look at it this way, you'll get TWO systems to use your minis for.

But mine is better because I'm going to use the ChronoScope stuff. ::P:

Edited by CaptainPete
  • Like 1

looks like dozens of people had the same idea, but each one in a different ruleset.

Savage worlds has the advantage of being very versatile, but any other playable ruleset might be interesting indeed!

It would be lovely to keep the "card" size, and have one per each ruleset... But let's start with one, first! :)

I think we're going to need a bigger thread...

For content, it does look like there's going to be several different versions of the same thing. I look forward to seeing how it all turns out.

EDIT: It might also mean that someone will end up taking the best ideas from all of the systems and turn out something perfect. Or, we'll steal the good ideas other people have and use them in our own games.

Edited by CaptainPete
  • Like 1