Nethermaul, Cthulu, and Kaladrax base sizes

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cthulu and Kaladrax look like Gargantuan sized, although I'm reserving judgement on that until I have them in hand.

Nethyrmaul looks like he'll be his own category of colossal (he looks as big as the colossal 3.5 Colossal Red Dragon).

Cthulu and Kaladrax look like Gargantuan sized, although I'm reserving judgement on that until I have them in hand.

Nethyrmaul looks like he'll be his own category of colossal (he looks as big as the colossal 3.5 Colossal Red Dragon).

Pretty sure N-bomb is smaller than the Colossal Red Dragon. Colossal red, like many of the WotC dragons, seems designed to cram as much dragon as possible into its base's size, then lets it grab some more area with overhang. That effort to fit in the 8"x8" box is why the red has the unfortunate squatting and puking posture.

news_20060914_full.jpg

Reaper and Heresy on the other hand went with putting their dragons up on rocky outcroppings so buyers would be more likely be able to fit the dragon onto the base called for by the buyer's ruleset of choice,

Edited by Frankthedm
  • Like 1

Were there any other minis that would be large enough for more than a 3x3 base from the Bones Kickstarter? I'm trying to figure out what bases I need. Maybe the giant skeleton? Anyone know how big he is? (And if any other minis from the KS should be on bases larger than 3x3?)

Edited by animesensei

n the pics Kaladrax looks much bigger than my WoTC Gargantuan Black. It looks like Nethyrmaul & Kaladrax would be 3e Colossal. 4e tops out at Gargantuan, 4x4 or larger.

Definitely phisically bigger than Garg black. IIRC that dandy looking black dragon was the least bulky of the big wotc dragons.

3E colossal for a dragon was base of 8" by 16", That base is just right for the Red Dragon of Krynn Model Kit by Screamin. { long OOP, but I've gotten 3 off ebay so far ^_^ ]

founddragon.jpg

3.5E decided all bases should be circular or square, so Colossal is listed at 6"x6" though their own mini shows that is just a starting point.

Because of their bases' elevation, Big K and N-bomb might fit on a 4" round, perhaps after judicious base trimming. Likley they will fit a 6" round.

• Like 1

Ok, so here is how I am working out my base sizes according to Pathfinder sizes and a table I found here:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/combat.html#table-8-4-creature-size-and-scale

1"x1" - Small / Medium

2"x2" - Large

3"x3" - Huge

4" x 4" or scenic to fit miniature - Gargantuan

6" x 6" or scenic to fit miniature - Colossal

• Like 1