LE restock

JeffyBaby

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have no problem at all, dropping $1k on a Kickstarter of Bones->LegendaryEncounters.

I wasn't even aware of the Bones Kickstarter at the time (was recovering from spinal surgery), but in looking over the images... so many things that I'd love to see in the LE line!

Please Reaper, let those of us without enough time and/or inclination to paint for our RPG campaigns, give YOU our cash instead of Wizards - your sculpts are so much better!

• Like 2

No reason for a Legendary Encounters kickstarter. They are already set up for getting bones painted. All the need to do is pick out color schemes and minis then place their order. The place in china painting them isn't likely to care whether its the current LE dwarf or one of the new ones. Not likely to happen until they've finished up all the shipping and getting unpainted bones into distribution though.

Wait, what?

OK, with two spinal surgeries plus recovery, I know I've been out of things and am far behind on current events... but are you saying that Reaper already has plans to make the complete line of Bones available as pre-painted? That is to say, not just the sculpts that are currently available as LE, but _all_ of the Bones sculpts?

...is it really just a matter of starting to save my pennies now?

Wait, what?

OK, with two spinal surgeries plus recovery, I know I've been out of things and am far behind on current events... but are you saying that Reaper already has plans to make the complete line of Bones available as pre-painted? That is to say, not just the sculpts that are currently available as LE, but _all_ of the Bones sculpts?

He's saying that they have the capability to do it, not that they are going to. Their plastic production is being moved in-house now, though, so the big question is whether or not it's still financially feasible to get the minis painted in China.

Wait, what?

No, cmorse is theorising that they wouldn't need a bunch of capital to do it, thus precluding needing a Kickstarter if they wanted to do it.

I don't think it's accurate btw. It's not just a question of telling the factory to start painting the new minis one day. To be in any way practical, you need to order in bulk, which involves paying up front.

The main investment in making LE are the molds for the minis themselves. That's already done now. From here ordering prepaints for the new bones will be no different than ordering for any of the current LE figures. Having a kickstarter for that would be like having a kickstarter for casting a new metal mini. Yes, they have to pay for the pewter in advance but they don't need a kickstarter to buy it.

It's very unlikely all of the new bones will be painted, but they've already said at least some of them will be. What will probably happen is once they get a bit of sales data on how the various new bones sell through normal channels they'll pick out the ones they think will do well in the LE line and have a batch painted.

...they've already said at least some of them will be...

[citation needed]

[please]

I, too, believe in double posts...

Here you go.

The factory is quite busy, and is not available at this time to add new LE figures to the workload. When the Kickstarter is over, we are planning at this to get new variants on existing figures, as well as use some of the KS figures for new releases in that range. But until then, not only are all of our personnel tied up in managing aspects of the KS (including the rennovations to the building, which have begun) but all of their personnel are working on that project.

Edited by cmorse
  • Like 1

Here you go.

The factory is quite busy, and is not available at this time to add new LE figures to the workload. When the Kickstarter is over, we are planning at this to get new variants on existing figures, as well as use some of the KS figures for new releases in that range. But until then, not only are all of our personnel tied up in managing aspects of the KS (including the rennovations to the building, which have begun) but all of their personnel are working on that project.

Thank you.