WOO HOO! ReaperCon is this week!

Luethar

I'm dreading the drive, mostly because I've made the round trip once and Texas roads are as confusing to me as Buglips in a dress and wig. I also hate driving. Everything in between is awesome though.

From Arkansas? I have no pity in my heart for you. I'm driving too. ::P:

Texas drivers scare me, I'm not afraid to admit it. They view traffic laws as "more of a suggestion." In fact, they are almost as bad as Oklahoma drivers.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm dreading the drive, mostly because I've made the round trip once and Texas roads are as confusing to me as Buglips in a dress and wig. I also hate driving. Everything in between is awesome though.

Texas drivers scare me, I'm not afraid to admit it. They view traffic laws as "more of a suggestion." In fact, they are almost as bad as Oklahoma drivers.

Doesn't scare me; I've driven in Montreal.

Sergeant Crunch,

Driven in Seoul in 2000. Piece of cake. Now what scares me are Texas drivers on the road when the temperature is below 32F. Texans cant drive in the rain.. never mind in icy conditions! Now that is scary!

Lue

• Like 1

Texas drivers are not as bad as Florida drivers...They view merging as a personal challenge, My son and I are driving up from Houston tomorrow afternoon, what makes driving in Texas bad is the cities Dallas) cant come up with one name for the same friggin street, so it changes names three times in a two mile section.

• Like 1

They are suggestions, I swear... If you happen to get on the highways, remember that 5 over is expected and a safe minimum speed in Texas, lol!

Edited by Pole
  • Like 1

I learned to drive in Massachusetts, I scare the crap out of my Dallas friends. "What do you mean slow down? It's only 3" of snow." "What's wrong with driving on the sidewalk? Nobody's using it."

Once you understand how access roads are supposed to work driving in TX gets a lot easier. After ten years of visiting Denton my husband has finally stopped swearing when he drives there.

Now, what do I have left to pack.....

Ha! Try Shanghai driving. I swear the drivers there were trying to play Car Wars. Need a lane? theres always the sidewalk! Left turn from the center of a 12 lane highway? somebody will stop!

Actually saw someone open a door on a motorcycle that was running between lanes. Seriously, that is one city I will never drive in again

I learned to drive in Massachusetts, I scare the crap out of my Dallas friends. "What do you mean slow down? It's only 3" of snow." "What's wrong with driving on the sidewalk? Nobody's using it."

For anybody who knows the Boston area:

My first real driving school lesson (as opposed to going in circles in a parking lot) went as follows:

1. Get into the driver's seat of a great big sedan, tightly wedged into a parallel parking space.

2. Pull out into Mass. Ave. traffic and head for Fresh Pond.

Denton does not frighten. (Although navigating around DFW took a little getting used to)

• Like 2

I'm a native Massh**e, born, raised, and still residing. There are no drivers on earth that frighten me.

But back to the OP. I will be landing in DFW in 24 hours. My awesome wife finished the laundry I started so I could actually get off the computer and start packing now. Unfortunately, because of the bombing at the Marathon, I expect security will be pretty intense tomorrow morning so any sleep I may have gained by packing now, will be lost having to get to the airport extra early.

My flight leaves Logan at around 1:30PM Wednesday. I'm hoping that I can pack tonight and get there in plenty of time to deal with whatever happens.

I've been there before: A I flew out of Logan the same day they first introduced the liquids ban on flights. Everything was backed up for hours that day.

With a little luck, MiniCannuck, Fanguad and I should finish checking into our hotels and roll into Reaper HQ just about in time for BBQ.

Edited by klarg1

News reports say that American Airlines has had to shut down ALL their flights due to a computer problem. Flights are expected to resume later today. I hope all Reaperites enroute to ReaperCon get there in a safe and timely manner whether flying or driving.