Too much Bones for my cases

mypetrock

I am surprised at how many Bones are too big to fit inside the Outrider cases. I obviously never expected to fit the giants, but even among the hero scale figures there are about 20 sculpts that overflow enough that they are not candidates for the unaltered case.

mypetrock

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised at how many Bones are too big to fit inside the Outrider cases. I obviously never expected to fit the giants, but even among the hero scale figures there are about 20 sculpts that overflow enough that they are not candidates for the unaltered case.

Surprised me too. On the other hand, I had 150 minis that did fit in there, so even with all the ones that wouldn't, it wasn't like there was wasted room. (Although each little rat probably didn't need its own individual space...)

• Like 1

I was just planning on putting some of my precious metal minis in the case.

When i get the case.

Eventually.

I want my Bones! waaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /tiredofpretendingtobepatient

I've got 3 cases for my metal minis, and 1 for my Bones that I'm anxiously awaiting....

i would offer to give them a loving new home (mine) but i know i'd be loathe to part with them if i had found out about the kickstarter in time! i died a little bit when i saw what a vampire level pledge would have gotten me...but i hear there will be a new kickstarter in the not too distant future, and plan to take full advantage!

1 vampire pack, 1 case = my bad math.

I did some cutting on each level of the cases, combining 2 slots (4 times) and then extending the size of some of the slots into the excess foam material near the handle.

kobolds, rats and orcs get combined into single slots, and each of my expanded slots has 2 minis in it as well.

Even with these adjustments there are some (giants & whatnot) that would need 4 slots combined. This last seems poor structure.

so the biggest figures will remain in the orginal box, unless I need them for a specific adventure.

Yeah, I grabbed two cases as well. With the recent unearthing of my Ancestor's Shelf of Shame, I'm going to be pushing it up hill to get everything in. Probably at least 60 figures there, then there's the late 80's / early 90's Bloodbowl team to squeeze in along with Binky the Albino Snow Troll.

I think if I widen / lengthen selected portions, then reallocate the foam from that to make smaller partions for the smaller models, I'll be OK. It's likely to be the large collection of 'dungeon dressings' from my dad that kills me though.

I might just stick the large models into the traditional corrugated foam boxes. It's the sensible solution. Far more sensible than getting another matching box from Reaper if I can beat the rush to them when they go up for sale...