Sign in to follow this  
Maglok

Maglok's workbench

Yeah, the whole demon thing is pretty cliche. Mostly, it just fit nicely into the whole theme with Chelliax (or however you spell it), and let hint at some of the stuff coming down the road. I like the venom-themed idea much better. ::D:

Can't wait to see how the cultists turn out!

Cheliax.

Though Cheliax is in league with devils not demons. Though I guess only pathfinder freaks (me) would make that distinction. The worldwound, though, invaded by demons! :D

I am thinking adding freehand snakes to the robes, don't know yet. Maybe at the bottom? Though my freehand isn't very detailed and the robes look sorta crappy so it would need serious weathering, maybe some dirt pigment as well.

• Like 1

I made some progress on the pirate lady. That map is hell, my freehand isn't that good I am afraid.

8664581721_3fcf854861.jpg8664582491_19696c2d5f.jpg

I didn't do much better when I was trying to do her tattoos but I did learn a couple of tricks, #1 is get some spit on your fingers and twist your brush tip together and just dip tip in to pick up a small amount of paint, practice free handing like this and tattoos won't be so hard. The other suggestion I have for you is take your top layer of skin and water it down to a glaze and do a few coats over the tattooed areas so they are not quite as bright.

• Like 2

@pocketcthulhu: That is a good idea! Thanks.

I worked on the cult some more. Detailed then washed all the cowls. Then I took one and finished him. I could highlight more, but these are for tabletop (I like painting for tabletop standards) and I think he looks quite nice. The light is a bit off, but I might do a good shot in my lightbox later, or when the cult is complete. :)

8707664425_8598965615.jpg8708789504_03b862553c.jpg

Notice the poison! He's gonna stab ya!

• Like 4

I like the idea of the poison, I have to wonder though if you should highlight the edge of it more so it doesn't blend in with the robes/look like a blotch of paint?

• Like 1

@ShadowRaven: I might do that. I actually figgled with it quite a bit, but poison seems to be hard to get right, at least for me.

Further progress on the cult: I took four cultists and did their robes, masks and belts! I am starting to get the hang of the highlighting on the robes of these guys.

8717421992_4281a065f4_z.jpg

• Like 4

I decided to redo the dagger on the first cultist and then finished up two more:

8723555650_762f35c85c.jpg

@Doburu Rakki: Sure, here is a cultist with Tariq (Warlord) and a ranger type (Dark Heaven Legends):

8723557460_cde7ac83a0.jpg

• Like 5

Finished 4 cultists, this cult leader is the next almost done.

Still slogging along, painting all 12 that look sort of the same.

8729682722_feb5e961a9.jpg

In other news I just got Mansions of Madness the boardgame... it has mini's... however am I getting back to the Pathfinder minis like this!?

• Like 1

Alright it's been a while. Time for updates. I have been painting away at the cultists some more. I was distracted a bit by my shiny new Mansions of Madness game, from which I just had to paint a shoggoth right away, but I am back on the cult!

I have done highlighting on all robes and am working on the various items the cultists are holding. I have completed 5/12 with the rest well under way.

Here are some WIP shots (no proper light setup)

8749577004_8c016aa8ea.jpg

8749577778_207f95620c.jpg

I also ordered some Otherworld snakes and will be adding some Reaper poisonous creatures as well, later on. :) They will be 'monstrous' additions to the cult. :) Yay!

• Like 5

Bombing hm? Right :P

I finished 10/12, but they all look sorta alike. Will post pictures once I finish them all. Should be tomorrow or thursday. :D

Then back to other projects!

wow, those cultists are fantastic! i wouldn't have gone green-brown with the colors, but it works, it really works. cant wait to see more.

@Vulture: Thanks! :D

I finished 12/12 painting. I am now adding the water effects to the bases that support it. I use Woodlands Scenics realistic water for small bits like this. For water that needs more structure I tend to use a crystal gel and for bigger amount of water I get out the envirotex lite.

8803323386_3496216508.jpg

• Like 6