Sign in to follow this  
Simon Vaillancourt

Sculpting in 3D with Zbrush.

I guess it's a safe bet to bet on technology that is already in use and seeing success in a particular industry. Lots of companies have been using 3D for gaming models for some time now.

shes a hot orc :blush:

Orc? LOL ;)

I guess it's a safe bet to bet on technology that is already in use and seeing success in a particular industry. Lots of companies have been using 3D for gaming models for some time now.

I've seen a lot lately. I'm looking forward the printer from formlabs.

Yeah, she got a strange face for an elf. I am going to check that tomorrow. I think it's the general shape. I had so much trouble with the feminine look. I will tweak some stuff and I pass to the other mini.

Believable humans (or Star Trek alien close) are *hard*. Has to do with human hard wiring to keep friends and strangers separate. See "uncanny valley".

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/3159/sku-down/03159

I'm not saying you should copy her, but here's a really good example of a very feminine mini in a corset.

Your girl's foray into er, unconventional beauty starts with her lips and jaw line. The big lips and lantern jaw are masculine traits. Maybe lengthen or narrow her neck a bit, hard to tell with the collar. But that's where I'd begin before I would personally give up some hours later in screaming frustration because humans are mind-bogglingly difficult to get right.

• Like 2

I have had a lot of trouble doing feminine faces. I was able to slowly make the transition from troll -> orc -> goblin -> old man -> feminine with some work. Yours is not so bad. One of the resources that helped me a lot is this one: http://www.virtualffs.co.uk/In_a_Nutshell.html. It's a resource for people interested in facial surgery to look more feminine, but it is a great resource about the differences between male and female faces, with lots of pictures.