Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

Dune Encounter (10mm Warmaster)...

post-11942-0-25248100-1366297087_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-66691900-1366296856_thumb.jpg

A friend of mine know that I scratchbuilt gaming terrain & buildings in (10mm, 15mm & 28mm), so he gave me a blister pack of these (10mm) Warmaster figures. After some thoughts & concept drawing ideas...I came up with the idea of doing a dune encounter based loosely on the movie (Dune). I had the worm creatures in my parts box...so this is the finished product.

• Like 17

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      Private Chapman has been in stasis for 1,538 days and awake for two. Private Chapman is wondering where she is, when she is and what her mission is. Private Chapman is also pondering why she hasn't been issued desert pattern armour.

Private Chapman has just spotted something up ahead. Private Chapman's life expectancy is four minutes.

(Again, sorry about the photos which were taken on my phone.)

• By NyarlaBcn
      Here my version of the "Dance of death" from Reaper Bones IV. 
      I'm still very hesitant to show it off because till the last second I was really insecure about the outcome. 
      First of all, the palette: right now I kinda like it, but I'm not 100% sure about 1. the base and 2. the color of the lower dragon. My first idea was to paint it white, and make it reminiscent of a battle between England's white dragon and Wales red dragon. But to paint white is always a challenge and given I'm not that familiar with the material, I decided to go with the other hard color to paint. 
      Now it just depicts a fictional encounter between two forgotten realms dragons: Tchazzar, infamous red wyrm, and Mergandevindasander, rumoured to have lavender eyes. 
      And secondly, I think I'll never fully appreciate bones... I like the fact that it's cheap, but the texture is just not the same and there's something very off on its maleability. It always makes me get tired of painting it and abandon ship without giving as much attention to details as I usually do.
      IMO those two dragons are pretty nice, and if I had to object to something, it will be about their tails, a bit too plain and simple. 
      Any feedback incredibly welcome ^^ 
      And if you have instagram and want to follow my gallery there... even more grateful: it's @albertnyarla

• By Lidless Eye
      Among my first minis finished in 2019 are the Crew from/for Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago.  I did two themed builds, plus a generic sailor who was left over.

The Warriors of the Steppes.  They were done with a Cossack theme, and they all use official FG Crew bodies/arms, with heads from Warhammer kits (Chaos Marauder Horsemen, Empire Archers, maybe another)

The Warriors of the Desert.  They were built entirely from the FG Crew sprue.

The lone generic Crewman Crunch.

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

I envisaged the prarie tick queen as a monstrous bloodsucker so I gave her a red bloated body. The markings on the body are meant to be blood vessels inside her but I think I made them too dark.

Thanks for looking!!

• By ChanSeal
      This was an impulse buy for me 'cause I don't play Pathfinder, but the Reaper range has a lot of really cool mini's.
      From what I understand, the Scribbler is an incarnation or possessed by an ancient evil God, so I gave him some "psycho" eyes (ie Iris only touching the lower part of the eyeball).
      Tried to make a desert base, but put far too much grass on it.
      Thanks for looking.

• Who's Online   29 Members, 2 Anonymous, 67 Guests (See full list)