Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hello all! Here are a few pics of my second official terrain project. It's a castle/boss chamber, I suppose. I didn't really have anything in mind when I started building it; I was just fooling around with my new molds, tinkering with dry stacking. This eventually emerged.
I built it using Hirst Arts molds and bits from both Reaper and Mini Monsters. The Reaper parts are Large Sarcophagus (77540) and parts from Magic Treasures II and III. I made the flags from salad container plastic and various bits; one of these days I would like to go back and paint more detailed flags and replace these. I see so much amazing freehand banner work and I have artist envy...!
I was reading Smokestack's wip on his assembly of the HMS Hermione pirate ship from the Renaissance Miniatures Pirates Kickstarter. This inspired me to build mine and it seemed like a good filler project as I could do a lot of the work in the living room while watching/playing with my kid....but hobby ADD kicked in. On top of the laser cut wood ships was a giant pile of laser cut lumber from the Renaissance Miniatures Castles and Siege Engine Kickstarters...so I built another castle
The walls went pretty quick and then the KruleBear cub saw what I was doing and he requisitioned things as I built them and moved his LEGO minifigures into the castle. i finished 95% of it in the two day weekend. I really like the modularity of the system, but they leave a little too much connecting tab in the sprue. I went through 4 x-acto blades just cutting the pieces out. I also have three more sets of hoardings to build, but they are on hold as they are not as modular as the rest of the castle and really should be glued in place which I don't plan on doing. I will either buil a clip system for them, magnetize, or not use them at all. The one on the tower and wall in the picture are held in place with rubber bands.
So what do you think? Should be cool for gaming with, but not detailed enough to waste time painting up any nicer.
....now where do I store all this terrain I am making
This was done for a fun competition where you were supposed to recreate an album cover with miniatures. I chose the Army of Darkness Official Soundtrack. It uses the same art as the Movie. :)
All I can post here is a WIP, pic. The rest, as well as the final result can be found in the links below, due to nudity.:
WIP / photobox images:
Final result. There was no way to fit all nine minis, along with the scenery in my photobox, so the colours / paint suffered a bit in this one, but all in all I am happy with the result.:
Who's Online 18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)