Sign in to follow this  

On a more positive note

I didn't get a chance to play the CAV:SO demo, too busy wearing other hats. I did get a chance to stop by on a break and check out the new Bones versions of the CAV. I have to say the Bones versions made me happy. Nice solid posts that dry fit easily. You could probably get away with not needing to glue them if you wanted. Very easy to reposition for dynamic posing. Very easy to mix and match legs/cockpits/arms for a custom build. Light, but not so light that you could blow them over. Most had some sort of thin, integrated, non-broccoli base so they would stand without needing a hex base if you wanted. Also, my one concern with the injection molding was how crisp the edges and panelling would turn out, and I have to say, they looked nice. I don't know if this lower price point CAV will help get CAV:SO out the door, but if you're interested in playing it, or any of the previous versions of CAV, the Bones are a nice, low cost option.

• Like 1

I could see the occasional issue with a bent gun barrel, but from what I saw with the fantasy Bones, a quick dip in some hot water should straighten the problems out right quick.

Girot, your very welcome. I am gald to have helped and happy you had some fun.

Curon, I want pics of the minis in the WIP and show off forums.

Absolutely, Kane. Once I get things with college courses finished up, I'm definitely going to have some quality time with my paint brushes, that's for certain!

EDIT: That reminds me. Where can I get the data cards that were used in the Demo? The ones on the main Reaper site seem to be different than the ones we used.

Edited by Curon

I'll be painting up some of the plastic ones as a demo. I'll be sure to do a thorough WIP thread so you guys can see for yourselves what's up. As for transitioning from existing models?

That's good to hear as I have to replace ALL my CAV's. :down: :down: :down: :down:

Don't even worry about it. Last I heard all existing products will be completely legal for play so long as you are using the standard 30mm hex bases (plastic, pewter, MDF, etc).

Thank you Kane for the awesome weekend! (Yeah that's me in the vest and tie.) BTW can you post the pic we took?

• Like 1

Girot, your very welcome. I am gald to have helped and happy you had some fun.

Curon, I want pics of the minis in the WIP and show off forums.

Absolutely, Kane. Once I get things with college courses finished up, I'm definitely going to have some quality time with my paint brushes, that's for certain!

EDIT: That reminds me. Where can I get the data cards that were used in the Demo? The ones on the main Reaper site seem to be different than the ones we used.

Those are not commercially available yet. We were getting a sneak peak at the next generation of the game.

That's good to hear as I have to replace ALL my CAV's. :down: :down: :down: :down:

Don't even worry about it. Last I heard all existing products will be completely legal for play so long as you are using the standard 30mm hex bases (plastic, pewter, MDF, etc).

???? :blink:

Edited by Chrome