• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      So I spotted what looked like a sweet little wolfman, unpainted but inked a little over the metal and glued to a square of wood in a comics shop some while ago and bought it and took it home and pried it off the old base and discovered it said "Grenadier 1987." Score!

Turns out it is a werejackal, coded MM93, and was first released as part of the set "Monster Manuscript Vol. XI" which also included the one Nosferatu-type vampire I didn't have in zer old days from the set of three I painted recently.

Anyhow, I cleaned it up and painted it like a black-backed jackal 'cos they look cool.

There is no WIP thread.

Also I had a picture book of Zimbabwe and decided to play a little bit with backgrounds.

• By Citrine
      I finished painting this beastie back in June, but I hadn't gotten around to taking pictures until now.  The clear purple makes for really neat effects.

• By Pingo
      These are from the Thunderbolt Mountain set #8046, Wood Elf Huntsman w/ Dogs. The set includes two dogs, but you can buy extras.

The hunstman (not painted yet) comes with three weensy accessories to choose from: a bow, a sword, and a beautiful curling hunting horn.

The site claims these are 30mm, but if so they are the tiniest 30mm figures I have ever seen, small even next to the smaller Reaper elves. These hounds are big, real Irish wolfhounds, compared to the Thunderbolt Mountain figures and reasonable dog-sized compared to Reaper figures. Be that as it may, they are sculpted by the legendary Tom Meier and are just gorgeous.

I painted them up as part of Inarah's Memorial Day Paint Binge Challenge. The white one is in the memory of a beloved childhood pet.

• By terminalmancer
      I'm not 100% sure this is the right place to put this, but I've ended up needing a 28mm dog miniature, hopefully some sort of german shepherd in a standing or running pose. Does anyone know of a company/sculptor/manufacturer who happens to keep a sculpt of something like this in production? I've already shot Miniature Mojo an email but I'm guessing they're no longer producing them. They've been out of stock for years if forum posts on other, less trustworthy forums are to be believed.
    • By knarthex
      I finished the Blue Flamed Hell Hound.
      Not happy with the blue flames, I may have to revisit it at a later date...
      I do like the way his skin came out with the wet blend / layering...
      The other 20 miniatures are clamoring for paint....
      (WiP)

So here it is (for now anyways!)

(I have never been good a painting regular flames either....)

Comments welcome!

8)
      George

• Who's Online   38 Members, 2 Anonymous, 168 Guests (See full list)