Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
These are from wargames Atlantic. No conversions or kitbashing. I just brought a single sprue from ebay to try them out.
The figures were really easy to paint. There is a convention/understanding I think that if you were not a noble in dark ages to medieval Ireland the only dye colour you could use was yellow. I may try a different colour for the yellow on subsequent minis as not sure it is quite right.
I'm pleased with the dogs, which took barely any time to paint. Scale 75 brown gray, then an umber wash, then two grey drybrushes. And done.
If I buy two or three more sprues I should have enough for a Saga war band or to use in skirmish games. I'd just need to get some cavalry and buy or make some elites.
I started a challenge so naturally I couldn't stay behind myself.
Meet Agent Anthrax, my first 3D print now painted for the challenge.
I figured he also deserved his own Show Off.
I saw these in the kickstarter board and decided to give them a try. I am showing them to show that I am still occasionally touching a paintbrush. It also gave me a chance to try out one of my new backdrops from the closing of Hanger 18, sorry to see them go, but there are only so many hours in a day...
Its not the best work I have ever done but these were a lot of fun to paint. these fine furry friends are:
Rupert the Great Dane Mage
Max the Daschund Inquisitor (i cant think of a more perfect role)
Lluienda the Shiba Bard
Waldorf the St Bernard Cleric
and Barry the Chow brewmister
well done and expressive, they do have some rough spots and I probably should have spent some more time cleaning up the minis before I started painting them but It was a fun project and i still have more...
Hope you enjoy them!
So I spotted what looked like a sweet little wolfman, unpainted but inked a little over the metal and glued to a square of wood in a comics shop some while ago and bought it and took it home and pried it off the old base and discovered it said "Grenadier 1987." Score!
Turns out it is a werejackal, coded MM93, and was first released as part of the set "Monster Manuscript Vol. XI" which also included the one Nosferatu-type vampire I didn't have in zer old days from the set of three I painted recently.
Anyhow, I cleaned it up and painted it like a black-backed jackal 'cos they look cool.
There is no WIP thread.
Also I had a picture book of Zimbabwe and decided to play a little bit with backgrounds.
Who's Online 12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 58 Guests (See full list)